Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What did you buy your 997 this week?

Thanks gents,
It was dark by the time he had finished so will get some pics in the morning :thumb: :thumb:

Boba fett said:
Phil 997 said:
Thanks gents,
It was dark by the time he had finished so will get some pics in the morning :thumb: :thumb:

Like the clocks Phil !!

Thanks Boba . :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
Got my OE GT3RS side sills fitted today , decided to keep them matt black to match the front lip. :thumb:

:thumbs:

I've been thinking about getting these for my 4S, could I be cheeky and ask if you know the part numbers?

Jamie_c said:
Phil 997 said:
Got my OE GT3RS side sills fitted today , decided to keep them matt black to match the front lip. :thumb:

I've been thinking about getting these for my 4S, could I be cheeky and ask if you know the part numbers?

Jamie, I will have to dig them out mate , they are the same on the GT3RS/GT2/GT2 :thumb: Very easy swap on the wide body cars as the lower sill is a separate piece unlike the narrow body cars where the upper and lower sill are all one piece. :thumb:

Pics of the parts fitted :thumb:

Attachments

• img_2268_103.jpg
    img_2268_103.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 4,036
  • img_2265_206.jpg
    img_2265_206.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 4,036
  • img_2267_117.jpg
    img_2267_117.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 4,036
  • img_2266_192.jpg
    img_2266_192.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 4,036
Looks great Phil. I can imagine it was a bit of a job getting the dials in without damaging the paint.

K888ETH said:
Looks great Phil. I can imagine it was a bit of a job getting the dials in without damaging the paint.

It was tricky mate but just slow and careful sorted it. :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
Pics of the parts fitted :thumb:

Looks great Phil :thumb: Nice lift to the interior!

DucatiRob said:
New head unit, Pioneer AVICF88DAB and Alpine 5 Channel amp,PDX-V9, to replace the PCM 2.1 and Bose. Lots of other bits and pieces needed to complete!

256336a.jpg

AVIC-_F88_DAB.png

g500_PDXV9-o_angle.jpg

The rest of the gear for my audio upgrade!!

3-Way Focal components for the front.
g091_PS165_F3-_F.jpg

2-Way components for the rear.
231168-1024x847.png

2 of these bad boys for a new sub box! Rockford Fosgate
g5751_P2_D28-o_profile.jpg

Alpine bass control knob
productpic_RUXKnob_01.jpg

Pioneer reversing camera
nd-bc8_1.jpg

Some big fat 4 gauge amp cables
x575_RFK4-_F.jpg

Rob, That is going to be an awesome set up , look forward to following the build thread mate. The Bose in these cars is not great by any stretch, and a component set up will really add quality.

Phil 997 said:
Rob, That is going to be an awesome set up , look forward to following the build thread mate. The Bose in these cars is not great by any stretch, and a component set up will really add quality.

Cheers Phil :thumb:

Agree, the Bose option is not great for what they charged, having pulled the speakers out now I can see why, flimsy paper cones and tiny magnets. I had a rush of blood to the head when I bought the sub-woofers so I am going to need to get creative to fit them !!

Jamie_c said:
Phil 997 said:

Heres the part numbers Jamie.
997.504.364.80 01C
997.504.363.80 01C

Some 19" BBS CH-R wheels and Pirelli N rated P-Zero tyres. I've been in :cloud9: with the CH-R wheel for yonks, so getting this set for the price I paid has been awesome.

Testing how they'll look I'm not sure I'll stick with the black and might go titanium or anthracite. Though the stealth look is appealing :chin:

Waiting for OEM 5mm spacers to arrive then I'll fit them and get the geo custom set up by Centre Gravity (who kindly advised on the fitmemt pre purchase :thumb:

Also a big shout out to FRP for waiting for me to return to the UK to complete the purchase and Sid at Porsche Torque for helping collect them :thumbs:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back