Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Nice Moments

willy

Monza
So there I was, sitting outside my local last night enjoying an early beverage.

A chap who I recognised only by sight walked past and then about turned, making a B line towards me.

`Excuse me` he says, `but may I say that I just love your car. It looks so... just... YES!`

Anyone else had such experiences recently?

:D

First run out yesterday since getting the car, filling up on vpower at the shell garage by work and the attendant comments how beautiful the car is and refuses to believe it's nearly 19..

willy said:
So there I was, sitting outside my local last night enjoying an early beverage.

A chap who I recognised only by sight walked past and then about turned, making a B line towards me.

`Excuse me` he says, `but may I say that I just love your car. It looks so... just... YES!`

Anyone else had such experiences recently?

:D

My cars not half as nice as some of the cars on here but you know this happens more than you'd think. They're a lovely car with gorgeous lines and when they draw lovely compliments, just confirms one of the reasons you bought it.

I find it amusing when people see mine and think it's a boxster, I'd like to think its because they know the ins and outs and that boxsters have side intakes too :p .

I was in a petrol station a few months back in my company car when in rolls a pretty nice looking 996.1 C2. As I was walking toward the door the owner was at the same time so I chirped 'nice 996 you have there'. He turned around and said very smugly 'its a 911 actually'

I didn't put him right- what a plonker, didn't even know what car he owned

Excellent User name!
There a people who say die hard is a Christmas movie and some people are wrong.

Hans Gruber said:
I was in a petrol station a few months back in my company car when in rolls a pretty nice looking 996.1 C2. As I was walking toward the door the owner was at the same time so I chirped 'nice 996 you have there'. He turned around and said very smugly 'its a 911 actually'

I didn't put him right- what a plonker, didn't even know what car he owned

I'd have given him a 'Yippee-ki-yay, Mo Fo' :thumb:

FZP said:
Excellent User name!
There a people who say die hard is a Christmas movie and some people are wrong.

Funnily enough I'm not a fan of the Die Hard films, it just happens to be the name of my car which it telepathically told me when I bought it, my company car is called Miguel for no apparent reason

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mapp
Back