Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Improving the rubbish Sound proofing on the 997.1

Boba fett said:
Kryton said:
OP, if you get the chance have a ride in a 991.2 GT3 then you'll know what a car sounds like with NO sound proofing, but it's the only drawback :drive:

I have a race prepared EVO if you get the chance to ride in it, its a tin can with wheels and 580 bhp....

The GT3 will feel and sound like a slow limo !!

I thought we were taking about standard road cars? :)

I think tyre roar is a lot to do with the tarmac you are driving on as well as soundproofing.

On some sections of the M40, that I drive on regularly , the car is near silent and others I can't heat the audio at all.

Jam911 said:
On some sections of the M40, that I drive on regularly , the car is near silent and others I can't heat the audio at all.

Shame on you having the Audio on and driving a 911 :wink:

Pics look like they have been deleted.
Can I assume you fitted Dynamat to it?

Clanky said:
Pics look like they have been deleted.
Can I assume you fitted Dynamat to it?

Dynamat etc, they are all the same or near enough, I fitted a quality 18mm sound proofing, that was self adhesive, sound absorbing etc etc... I have used Dynamat before, but its just the same as all the other quality proofing.

Do you think the job could be completed in a day? Any specific tools? Just trying to work out of its worth me having a go with an amount of dynamat.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back