Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche 991.1 3.4 Carrera Experience

philnotts99

Hello all,

Some help needed before pulling the trigger!

Please can current or past owners of the 991.1 3.4 tell me there thoughts on the car after owning it for so long? I am currently looking at one all two around the £57k mark and 30k miles with a nice spec.

Also would like to know the thoughts on any further depreciation over the next 2 years on these cars?

Lastly any advice on how much a OPC dealer can discount on used models or what i should really be aiming for?

Thank you,

Phil

Welcome to the forum.

Have you had an Porsches before? Is it a weekend car or daily?

Adding a bit more detail might get a response as some specs make a difference to how they hold money. Eg year, manual/PDK, colour, options like sports exhaust, sport chrono package etc. Number of owners can make a difference but Porsches can tend to change hands a bit in the first few years.

OPC deal...there will likely be a good spread on the trade-in price that they offered vs the sale price they expect, but it's not easy to haggle much off and even less likely if the car is a desirable spec.

Definitely argue about the interest rate or get finance elsewhere if finance is required, that will make considerably more difference than haggling on the buy price. So do both

A used car from an OPC should come with an extended 2years warranty plus whatever was on the car when the last owner traded it in, which is worth quite a bit.

Thank you for your reply.

One of the 991's has the following -

30K miles
3 owners
PDK
Chrono plus
PSE
14 way seats
Nav
PASM
BOSE

I have only had one test drive in the 3.4 but it felt like you could have some fun in it, however didnt what to push it too hard on the test drive.

This car will be a weekend fun car for the family. So covering 5k ish miles a year.

Its hard to work out where pricing will be, as 997 prices keep moving up. I have seen a gen 1 997 C4S for 40k :?

Cheapest 2012 991 with 50k miles on the clock was priced at 50k.

Thanks,

Phil

philnotts99 said:
Its hard to work out where pricing will be, as 997 prices keep moving up. I have seen a gen 1 997 C4S for 40k :?

Is the 997.1 being punted out by this chap :dont know: as it's very optimistic or he also owns a 993 and misjudged the prices completely :roll:

The 991.1 sounds like a good spec as it's got most/all the options most buyers want.

I bought a 2014 3.4 car last summer after the usual ponder of specs and tour of OPC sites. Having followed the holy grail of the right spec, right colour and
low mileage I ended up with a well used (35kmiles) one owner example with warranty until 2020 once the 2years was added on. The car is basically poverty spec apart from 20ins wheels and PDK. For my use of the car the idea of spending an additional £10/12K for options was not particularly attractive. Of course many will need extra spec for track use but then I would probably have
gone for the S anyway. If I keep the car for 2 years Im sure trade in with 50K
miles and no spec will not be attractive. On the other hand I might just keep it
since it ticks all the boxes as a daily drive

forester said:
I bought a 2014 3.4 car last summer after the usual ponder of specs and tour of OPC sites.

How are you find the 3.4 now you have had it a bit?

Thanks,

Phil

In normal road use there is sufficient performance provided your prepared to
work the engine which gets going after 5000rpm as the valve timing changes.
alternatively it potters along happily at 30/34 mpg. My criteria in buying was
To get away from BMW M cars which I had run for several years with turbo
power and a pretty numbing driving experience. The basic Carrera is a refreshing experience 😊

Finally got the new 991 home. Thank you for everyone who commented!

Can i ask what is the general view to light tinting the 3 rear windows? Don't see that many 991 with this done. Reason i would like it done is to stop other highlights in my rear view mirror.

14l59np.jpg

Thanks

Phil

That's a gawjus looking car Phil. :thumbs:

Lovely looking car Phil. Guards is a cracking colour. :thumb:

I'm all for window tinting. I know it's not popular in this country but I'm a fan. This is the first car I've owned that doesn't have tint.

It looks good in red with the black wheels :thumb:

Tints can look good. I've seen a few 911s that have been done, just stay away from the limo end of the spectrum and keep it legal.

philnotts99 said:
Finally got the new 991 home. Thank you for everyone who commented!

Can i ask what is the general view to light tinting the 3 rear windows? Don't see that many 991 with this done. Reason i would like it done is to stop other highlights in my rear view mirror.

14l59np.jpg

Thanks

Phil

Looks great and in my favourite colour!

I've put a photo of mine on that had the tint from new, most people seem to like it and I think it looks good on certain colours - red and white being 2,

Enjoy your car.

Attachments

• image_238.jpeg
    image_238.jpeg
    325.2 KB · Views: 5,689
Thank you for all the replies!!

Do you happen to have anymore pictures of your 991 with the tints on please? Do you know which grade they are?

Thanks,

Phil

philnotts99 said:
Thank you for all the replies!!

Do you happen to have anymore pictures of your 991 with the tints on please? Do you know which grade they are?

Thanks,

Phil

Hi phil,

Not the best photos but sort of give you an idea of the tint grade. I'm not sure what the actual grade of tint is but it was spec'd from the factory so someone on here, who has ordered from new, may be able to help.

Attachments

• image_486.jpeg
    image_486.jpeg
    967.3 KB · Views: 5,555
  • image_800.jpeg
    image_800.jpeg
    729.4 KB · Views: 5,555

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member