Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Car gone crazy

vegas657

I have not driven my 2007 boxster for about 4 weeks, got in this morning and turned her over . All the dash lights came on as normal but I got just a clicking noise and the engine would not turn over. I then got a PSM warning light and abs warning light.
I tried the window and it opened then then carried on opening until fully down and then would not go up again, the stereo would not turn on and I popped up the spoiler which would not then go down.
Is this a low battery do you think, there just seem to be so many things all going crazy and generally electrical. I have not had any previous problems and as I say I had not driven it for about 4 weeks.
Anyone got any experience like this ...it just went mad!
Thanks in advance.

Battery!! If you're gonna leave it stood for 4 weeks I suggest you get a battery conditioner.

CTEK do some great smart chargers/battery conditioners.
Would highly recommend one.

Yeah. Too low or too high a voltage both give issues. Low voltage is likely battery, too high and voltage regulator on alternator. Troublesome battery can cause alternator to go if battery discharged too much or frequently. Keep the battery with charge.

Proverbial ctek charger/conditioner. 5amp is decent rate V price. I got mine from Amazon and the extension lead and indicator. They were cheapest earlier in the year.

Varta or 'proper' Bosch batteries are one of the better more reliable brands. Cheaper branded Bosch models are not made by either of them. The good ones come with 4 or 5 year warranty.

I've got that one with cigarette adapter so the car door can be locked.

I've had no probs but think I only left car unused for 3 weeks.

Also do NOT buy the pork approved battery unless you have to for warranty - they are made by Moll, and i think the primary constituent part is some sort of soft cheese

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ansonslchang
Back