Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Replacement engine mounts

Whether relevant to anyone, the D911 mounts look like pattern parts and not Porsche items.

The Porsche mounts have part numbers cast into them

Attachments

• 996_rs_engine_mount_522.jpg
    996_rs_engine_mount_522.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 4,170
I bought from Pelican in the US as it worked out cheaper even factoring in delivery and import duty.

So does the 997 gearbox mount fit the 996 gearbox on a manual car ?

Stoo.c said:
I bought from Pelican in the US as it worked out cheaper even factoring in delivery and import duty.

How do they compare with this?

Attachments

• img_3300_892.png
    img_3300_892.png
    172 KB · Views: 4,092
wasz said:
Don't forget 5% code for rockauto

put 7008007362836345 in the "how did you hear" box and get 5% off.

Thanks for that. 👍🏼😎

Wow that is cheap - cheaper than Pelican.

Some great posts on the different types of engine mounts and deals on them here, thanks everyone who has posted so far :thumb:

With the RSS mounts, where do the thick washers go?

RSS mounts are night and day vs OEM. Single best mod I've made to the car. Quick diy and all done.

asterix_the_gaul said:
Some great posts on the different types of engine mounts and deals on them here, thanks everyone who has posted so far :thumb:

With the RSS mounts, where do the thick washers go?

Not sure you need thick washers with the RSS. I'm sure it's just a straight swap.

Thomp1983 said:
sorry to the op but some more info on the 993/964 rs mounts

part numbers from d911

96437504381KIT x1 £111.72
90008211801 x2 £8.37
99908421501 x2 £4.00
90130531100 x4 £20.25

prices above are inclusive of vat and for the total quantity required.

You also need 4 thick washers which are expensive so i sourced the same spec on ebay for considerably less £5.42 for 5

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300891307854
]

Do where do the washers go if they are required?

There 993 rs mounts, the thick washers go next to the brass curved washers, so one directly under the bolt head as the other against the bracket the end mount bolts too.

If you don't use them over time the brass curved washers become deformed as there not strong enough on there own to resist the up and down movement of the engine

OK, thanks for that, it makes sense now the parts have arrived and I look in detail at the pictures.
From the top it goes Bolt head, washer, brass dome, mount hole, chassis, carrier, brass dome, washer, nut. The curved brass washers only touch on the central metal cylinder Of The mount, they don't actually touch any rubber as far as I can see.not sure I understand their purpose to be honest..

asterix_the_gaul said:
OK, thanks for that, it makes sense now the parts have arrived and I look in detail at the pictures.
From the top it goes Bolt head, washer, brass dome, mount hole, chassis, carrier, brass dome, washer, nut. The curved brass washers only touch on the central metal cylinder Of The mount, they don't actually touch any rubber as far as I can see.not sure I understand their purpose to be honest..

The lower brass dome and washer go above the carrier

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bristolsparks
Back