Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Nice looking 997

Nervy said:
Phil 997 said:
Nervy said:
Phil 997 said:
So I am now seeing crisps that can be eaten be all religions all ethnic groups plus vegans, celiacs , vegetarians , there are diet options .

The guy who lived over the road from me was a celiac (presumably still is, I'm not sure me moving house has cured his largely made up intolerance) and whenever I saw him I'd get stuck with this song in my head, but with the word celiac in place of the word maniac.

https://youtu.be/IYKsjdkdRbw

I had to watch that vid 8 times mmm well ok 12 times to fully appreciate what you were getting at. :grin: :grin: I also think she would be great at making wine I assumed she was treading grapes in pert of the vid. :grin:

Nice Freudian slide.

I just really enjoyed revisiting that too, though it was fractionally tempered by the notion that someone once told me that it was actually a man doing the dancing.

That said, any man who can tuck his giblets away that convincingly without even a hint of gaffa positively deserves my attention.

:floor: :floor: phew that was lucky usually I want to type part and get perv so pert is a much better option :grin:

Nervy said:
Phil 997 said:
Nervy said:
Phil 997 said:
this is the UK supplier
http://projexuk.com/wheels/vertini

found the most appropriate riviara pic I could lol. plus a pic of them on my narrow body gen1 and wide body gen2 :thumb: :thumb:

Oh, Balls. I just spoke to the nice people at projexuk and they tell me that the Vertinis you mentioned in 19" can't be fitted without arch modification on a narrow body car (they're also discontinuing them, but I think he was just saying that to twist the knife, as he could tell I was in a place where only buying alloys would quell the voices). Did you have to modify your arches, Phil?

Not at all mate , I had also heard I might have to roll the inner arch lip but I didn't need to and I was running it on lowered springs and I fitted 5mm spacers all round to get the stance you see in the pic of the gen1. maybe it was different with the NB 966 cars . I have seen them on a few 997's
Go back and tell him they are fine . :grin: :thumb: see what flavour crisps he likes :grin:

He wasn't having any of it. I said 'but, but my new best friend Phil said it'd be ok...' and I'd love to be able to tell you what he said about you but this is a family show and it was slightly obscured by my sobbing.

:floor: He couldn't possibly have called me worse than I get called on here .and at work.
:grin: :grin: mostly its very observant and quite true :grin: :grin: :thumb:

After doing a bit of research it seems vertini do the magic for the 997 in a
19x8.5 ET-45 5x130 C.B 71.6
19x11 ET-40 5x130 C.B 71.6
19x11 ET-52 5x130 C.B 71.6

logic would indicate that the ebay ones were for a WB car as they are ET52 the front would be the same. so my thoughts are they would fit with no spacers on a NB car and you would need 5mm fronts like I used

Phil 997 said:
narrow body
Front Wheels: 8Jx19 ET57
Rear Wheels: 11Jx19 ET67

wide body
Rear Wheels: 11Jx19 ET51

But I put my narrow body ones on my wide body car and just needed to play around with spacers to get the stance right. the stud pattern is correct I wish I could remember what the offsets were on mine but I am sure they were the same as the ebay ones . on the NB car I had 295 on the rear on the WB car rim has 305 on the rear

So you think they'll fit without fouling?

I just spoke to the chap and the tyres fitted are dead budget, which will mean my existing tyres will be 'stretched! slightly in the front when fitted. Is this an issue with regards handling etc?

Nervy said:
Phil 997 said:
narrow body
Rear Wheels: 11Jx19 ET67

wide body
Rear Wheels: 11Jx19 ET51

But I put my narrow body ones on my wide body car and just needed to play around with spacers to get the stance right. the stud pattern is correct I wish I could remember what the offsets were on mine but I am sure they were the same as the ebay ones . on the NB car I had 295 on the rear on the WB car rim has 305 on the rear

So you think they'll fit without fouling?

I just spoke to the chap and the tyres fitted are dead budget, which will mean my existing tyres will be 'stretched! slightly in the front when fitted. Is this an issue with regards handling etc?

I have 235 on my 8.5 front , I think the 295 on the 11 rear will pull in slightly which is why I dont think they will foul maybe the issues they had were with guys trying to run 305 on 11 rims on NB cars that really would be tight.

He's got 215 and 265 tyres on it which I imagine would be really stretched
infact in the pics they look stretched your 235 and 295 will look and fit much better on them.

Re the magics a point you need to consider if you look close you will see a chrome rim running round the lip its nice but if you curb it their fubared you then do the same as me and remove the chrome rim get them refurbed and they look even better than with the chrome rim when I refurbed mine I loved them so much more with the chrome bit removed..
the other thing to note they dont use std bolts and run on tuner bolts which effectively means every bolt is a security bolt as unless you have the special tuner bolt tool you cant remove them. project x amongst others do tuner bolts in various lengths. and they have the tool :thumb:

Phil 997 said:

logic would indicate that the ebay ones were for a WB car as they are ET52 the front would be the same. so my thoughts are they would fit with no spacers on a NB car and you would need 5mm fronts like I used

Sorry P, the order of these posts seems to have gotten all mixed up and I've just seen this.

The guy who owns them bought them from new for his BMW and used spacers to make them fit. By my reckoning they're 12.4mm wider at the front and 5mm wider at the rear, unless I'm getting this massively wrong which I definitely am. If this is the case- and it definitely isn't- do I still need the spacers? I'm so confused. I think they're wider. So why do they need spacers? I was so much more comfortable discussing gluttony than geometry.

Also, this will mean fitting my tyres (to replace the Nankang nonsense) are stretched on the front. Is this an issue?

Sorry that this got so boring everyone. I felt like I was doing so well, too.

Phil the Guru said:
I have 235 on my 8.5 front , I think the 295 on the 11 rear will pull in slightly which is why I dont think they will foul maybe the issues they had were with guys trying to run 305 on 11 rims on NB cars that really would be tight.

My tyres are 295/30 rear and 235/35. The chap is really into his stretched tyres and he thinks the fronts would need to stretch but he didn't mention the rear. Is this a handling issue? Sorry, sorry.

Poor Phil said:
infact in the pics they look stretched your 235 and 295 will look and fit much better on them.

His tyres will be going straight in the bin, so that's good.

I'm so sorry Phil said:
Re the magics a point you need to consider if you look close you will see a chrome rim running round the lip its nice but if you curb it their fubared you then do the same as me and remove the chrome rim get them refurbed and they look even better than with the chrome rim when I refurbed mine I loved them so much more with the chrome bit removed..

The chrome ring sounds horrible. I'll be getting these painted straight away.

I swear I can change said:
the other thing to note they dont use std bolts and run on tuner bolts which effectively means every bolt is a security bolt as unless you have the special tuner bolt tool you cant remove them. project x amongst others do tuner bolts in various lengths and they have the tool :thumb:

Baffling. Why do the require different bolts?

Sorry this all got so dull quickly. It's like my marriage in textual form. :frustrated:

Nervy said:
Phil 997 said:

Sorry P, the order of these posts seems to have gotten all mixed up and I've just seen this.

The guy who owns them bought them from new for his BMW and used spacers to make them fit. By my reckoning they're 12.4mm wider at the front and 5mm wider at the rear, unless I'm getting this massively wrong which I definitely am. If this is the case- and it definitely isn't- do I still need the spacers? I'm so confused. I think they're wider. So why do they need spacers? I was so much more comfortable discussing gluttony than geometry.

Also, this will mean fitting my tyres (to replace the Nankang nonsense) are stretched on the front. Is this an issue?

Sorry that this got so boring everyone. I felt like I was doing so well, too.

:grin: glad its not just me I was starting to get confused as well.
All I can tell you is I think your right and I ran 5mm spacers all round but I was running MPSS tyres and they have a very small rim protector and quite a rounded sidewall profile which maybe why I felt the need to fit 5mm spacers with a more upright sidewall and bigger rim protector you may well not need spacers. but fitting them and then deciding if you do want spacers and if so what size is such an easy job to sort later. with 8.5 fronts and 11 rears they are never going to look as tucked in as some stock alloys do.

can we get back to potato based snack products soon :floor: as everyone else has buggered off and its just you and me chatting wheels :grin: :grin:
you just know they are lurking waiting for the chance to get back into the snack chat :grin: :grin:

Nervy said:
Phil the Guru said:

My tyres are 295/30 rear and 235/35. The chap is really into his stretched tyres and he thinks the fronts would need to stretch but he didn't mention the rear. Is this a handling issue? Sorry, sorry.

Poor Phil said:

His tyres will be going straight in the bin, so that's good.

I'm so sorry Phil said:

The chrome ring sounds horrible. I'll be getting these painted straight away.

[quote-= please don't leave me Phil, I swear I can change] the other thing to note they dont use std bolts and run on tuner bolts which effectively means every bolt is a security bolt as unless you have the special tuner bolt tool you cant remove them. project x amongst others do tuner bolts in various lengths and they have the tool :thumb:

Baffling. Why do the require different bolts?

Sorry this all got so dull quickly. It's like my marriage in textual form.[/quote]

:floor: :floor: :floor: well thats the best thing summarise it
we do seem to have covered most in there now , agreed get the chrome rim off and refurb them the colour you want I went anthersite and then had the face flashed in silver to lift the faces slightly leaving the inner edges dark.

No idea why they use tuner bolts but they look nice as the bolt head goes down inside the bolt hole giving a nice flush look the tuners have the bolt head pattern on the inside of the head allowing the bolt to drop below the face of the alloy . I can only assume its a style thing but it does look nice and make them hard to nick.

hopefully this pic shows you what I mean on mine :thumb:

oh yes and no handling issues running 235 and 295 tyres :thumb:

Attachments

• chehxs2wkaejrvp_143.jpg
    chehxs2wkaejrvp_143.jpg
    203.1 KB · Views: 1,106
Phil 997 said:
can we get back to potato based snack products soon :floor: as everyone else has buggered off and its just you and me chatting wheels :grin: :grin:
you just know they are lurking waiting for the chance to get back into the snack chat :grin: :grin:

Can we have a picture of the back of the car please?

And do cheese balls count as snacks for this discussion...

Oh, I see! Gotcha. Thanks P, my sincerest apologies for all the dullness.

Also, with regard the living Hell that was the formatting on that last post, I can only apologise to you, and my nerves. We've both suffered greatly as a result of that absolutely-not-worth-it series of HILARIOUS name changes.

G2 said:
Phil 997 said:

I knew you hadnt gone far :floor: I feel we can discuss cheese balls as long as we dont start to add what we are all thinking and get the thread locked by the mods and certainly no pics of cheese balls. but in textral form and only in reference to snack foods I feel that would be ok . :grin: and no "suck on these" is not considered a reference to snack foods and doesnt count :floor: :floor:

G2 said:
Phil 997 said:

I'd love to post a picture of the back, but this forum seems to disallow any and all pictures I have on my phone. Why do you need to see the back fella?

And by cheese balls do you mean like round cheesy puffs or actual balls of actual cheese?

Nervy said:
G2 said:
Phil 997 said:

I'd love to post a picture of the back, but this forum seems to disallow any and all pictures I have on my phone. Why do you need to see the back fella?

And by cheese balls do you mean like round cheesy puffs or actual balls of actual cheese?

Some on here just like a rear end shot

Attachments

• car_girl_and_porsche_image_14_150x150_501.jpg
    car_girl_and_porsche_image_14_150x150_501.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 1,091
Hey! You said you'd never show anyone that. And, in my defence, I was younger then and needed the money.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mchass
Back