Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

First Porsche - 997.2 C2S

Lovely subtle mods there. Welcome to the forum.
Do you have part number for the led bulbs, interior and rear number plate. You reminded me I need to change mine. Bob

sorry for the delay responding and thanks all for the comments, great forum!

Are you happy with the performance? What car did you come from?
Yes, very happy. My other cars are a Classic Mini 1275GT, a JCW BMW Mini Clubman and a modified mk7 Fiesta ST. This is my first 'proper' sports car though (the missus has had a Cayman for a while but i don't really drive it).
The 911 is a different beast (stating the obvious i know), it didn't feel massively quicker than the Fiesta initially but you can tell the power will just keep on coming, long after remaining within legal speed limits. I would love to track it one day to see what it can do but that'll be in the future once i am 100% confident with it. I was also surprised how light the front end feels when doing ~ 70mph, it definitely keeps the driver engaged all the time.

Please tell me you have a garage!

Not taken you long to jump into tasteful modding. Very Happy

Camera install looks very professional, I'm sure you know that your own footage can be also used as evidence against you.

I've also been considering black rear badge.... still undecided about the matt finish.

Yep i have a garage but at the moment its full of 'house' as we have just started a renovation. It means it's on the drive with various vans, lorries, skips, builders working all around it - sure you can imagine how on edge it makes me.

I've done a few dashcam installs now and they're pretty straightforward once you figure out what fuses to use. And yep i'm aware footage can be used against me, i've disabled speed stamping on the footage although i'm a sensible driver 99% of the time so i should be ok :wink:

You are spoilt for choice for Porsche support with Dovehouse and DW Performance on your doorstep. I will be off to DW in Wellingborough myself next week to get a service done. I pulled the trigger on the DSC v1 group buy this week, I am assured it's a good investment so looking forward to finding out for myself.

Yeah i only stumbled across DW performance the other day after seeing something on Facebook, no idea they were there so i think i will definitely be using them, Kevin(?) seems to get great comments from everyone. I've asked him for a quote on a ceramic coat.

Nice. I also have a black 997.2 c2s, and i'm a couple of miles down the road

Dove house are utterly brilliant, if i lived in scotland i would drive down and have them look after my porsche
Yeah my wife got her cayman from them a few years ago and they have been really good. I really wanted to get my car from them but they just weren't getting what i was after in stock, then Paragon got one (who also seem to get very positive comments) and so i snapped it up. Great to hear there's some owners so local to me!

When you said about parking at the end of the car park at the station made me think of a black 997 always parked at the end of my local station - seeing your pics, it's you! I park in the other car park there right at the back Smile I don't like all the loose gravel in 'your' car park

This made me smile, it's funny how we check out the other owners cars wherever we go regularly. I see a 991, Cayman and a 996 regularly in the car park i use, i'll have a nosey for yours next :wink: know what you mean about the gravel btw but your car park seems busier, i rarely get anyone next to me where i park :lol:

Can I ask where you found the GTS exhaust tips (if not the dealer) and the ThinkWare F800 dash cam set up?

I was going to get the tips from design911 but i asked Dovehouse if they could source them any cheaper, they managed to for nearly £40 less but i'm afraid i don't know who they used.

I got the Thinkware cam straight from them - https://thinkwaredashcam.uk/product/thinkware-dash-cam-f800/ < front and rear, 32gb, with hardwire lead.

Re the Cams - some twat clipped my front bumper the other day and look a nice layer of paint off. Not the end of the world as £150 will get it sorted but those Cams look like a good idea. Are the motion sensored - how much were they and did you fit them?

Yes they are motion censored when parked providing you use the hardwire kit, essentially one wire goes to a permanent live fuse and the other to an ignition live. Motion sensor sensitivity is configurable. The set was £349 and i installed it myself.

Best thing about the rear cam so far? - it allowed me to check my spoiler was going up and down as it should :lol:

Do you have part number for the led bulbs, interior and rear number plate. You reminded me I need to change mine. Bob

I suspect i paid over the odds for the bulbs but i couldn't be bothered to try and find out what ones i needed, so i got this set from eBay for the interiors - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271739897539 and these for the number plate http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281062821530

I forgot about one more mod which i am planning to do today, i was on the fence about the zunsport grill set and still am, so will see what i think when they are on. Naturally i'll post a pic.

thanks again for the positive comments!

Have a great weekend..

btw, went to the classic car show at the NEC yesterday, what an absolute treat!. Of course there were some amazing Porsches but so much more - great show i thought.

Zunsport grills fitted, very pleased with the quality and fit.

Attachments

• zunsport_590.png
    zunsport_590.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 6,928
Couple more bits turned up today to go with the techart springs i've been sitting on for a few weeks from the group buy. Now the spacers have turned up i can book her in :)

many thanks for the carparts4less link and code from another thread on here, worked a treat for the BMC filters . :thumb:

Next on the to do list is a Sport Design front bumper/apron and maybe some Sport Classics/Fuchs if the premium bonds come in. :cigar:

Attachments

• img_1237_101.jpg
    img_1237_101.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 5,574
  • img_1239_172.jpg
    img_1239_172.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 5,574
  • img_1245_194.jpg
    img_1245_194.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 5,574
Great mods coming along well , good to see you went with shims with spiggots on for the front and the BMCs I know you will love. I had techart springs on my gen1 they are very nice almost OE ride comfort. :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
Great mods coming along well , good to see you went with shims with spiggots on for the front and the BMCs I know you will love. I had techart springs on my gen1 they are very nice almost OE ride comfort. :thumb:

thanks Phil, i think i read just about every thread on here about spacers and took your advice to get ones with spigots - much appreciated . :thumb:

SGH - i got all the spacers and bolts from http://www.wheelspacers.uk.com (again another recommendation on here).

Cracking thread mate and great car :thumb:

Oh, and welcome 8)

Looks great. Where did you get your rear number plate printed?

benbuhagiar said:
Looks great. Where did you get your rear number plate printed?

Ben , demon plates do a 3d carbon domed and black domed plate mate both UK read legal :thumb:

http://www.demonplates.com

Thanks guys.

4D looks weird! :eek:

benbuhagiar said:
Thanks guys.

4D looks weird! :eek:

agreed not sure I like the 4d it made my eyes hurt :floor: :floor:

What size spacers did you go for Roocat?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back