Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

C4S guess the price competition

They've had the Iris Blue one for well over a year now, and the Speed Yellow one for nearly two.

Their business model seems to be "slap a stupid sticker price on it, and some mug will come along eventually"...

I'm astonished at how much money these cars make now.

On Saturday I was at Vintage car club lunch and the guy I sat opposite was telling me that he once owned a silver 993 C4S. It was one of the last cars and was on an R plate.

He said he sold the car for £27k and was delighted with the sale price because he'd owned it for three years and was pleased to get the same amount as he originally paid for it. At the time of sale the car had done 78k miles.

Any guesses as to when this was likely to have happened?

Zingari said:
George Eaton provides the courtesy car drop off/pick up :thumb:

I had just started to think about where the Major came into the list :floor:

:worship:

Got to be over £100K, otherwise the game would be too easy!

Why all the anger and aggression? We should be celebrating the appreciation of these great cars. We all know they are special, that's why we bought them. It looks like a really nice example in a great colour combination to me. I really like the timeless beauty of classic grey and I think it goes particularly well with all the blue exterior colours and provides some nice contrasts. Grey is in fashion in the building industry at present, just look at how many houses are going up with grey doors and window frames. Read what Stephen Bayley the aesthete says about the importance of greys in design.
Lets not turn 911Uk in to yet another social media outlet for people to vent negativity. When I first joined in 2010 there were loads of great positive posts by established members with lots of knowledge and experience and technical understanding to share and an appreciation of people's different tastes. Suspension looks a bit low though. (Oh no it's affecting me too now)

Chris993C2 said:
They've had the Iris Blue one for well over a year now, and the Speed Yellow one for nearly two.

Their business model seems to be "slap a stupid sticker price on it, and some mug will come along eventually"...

That's where the smoke and mirrors comes from. Car up for sale, disappears, people think it's sold and then it resurfaces at another/sale dealer :grin:

A993LAD said:
I'm astonished at how much money these cars make now.

:hand: They aint 'made' anything until they sell and as it would appear they've had the blue car a long long time...........for a reason :roll:

Fourtuitous said:
Why all the anger and aggression? We should be celebrating the appreciation of these great cars. We all know they are special, that's why we bought them

I think it's more how UNspecial the dealer is...not the car :bandit:

hippy.gif

HSC911 said:
Fourtuitous said:
Why all the anger and aggression? We should be celebrating the appreciation of these great cars. We all know they are special, that's why we bought them

I think it's more how UNspecial the dealer is...not the car :bandit:

hippy.gif
Exactly that. They seem to carry a similar reputation to a dealer in London that has W, M and H in their business name. I'll let you figure out who.

FZP said:
Exactly that. They seem to carry a similar reputation to a dealer in London that has W, M and H in their business name. I'll let you figure out who.

Except they appear to use the Hexagon model pricing calculator :bandit:

Zingari said:
I've never been there but I believe:

Dom is Dealer Principal
Jonttt does their accounts
Mohitos is their Sales Manager
GT4 is marketing and cultural attache
Stuttgartmetal is responsible for make-up and costumes
Highway is 'Best Boy/Key Grip'
Les is the head mechanic and engine guru
Madalaa is the pickup/collection for the airport run

And what a business this would be :thumbs:

I called and have the value now.
And they have a second 4S just in, 53k miles with a factory Turbo S kit on it.

mohitos said:
Zingari said:
I've never been there but I believe:

Dom is Dealer Principal
Jonttt does their accounts
Mohitos is their Sales Manager
GT4 is marketing and cultural attache
Stuttgartmetal is responsible for make-up and costumes
Highway is 'Best Boy/Key Grip'
Les is the head mechanic and engine guru
Madalaa is the pickup/collection for the airport run

And what a business this would be :thumbs:

I called and have the value now.
And they have a second 4S just in, 53k miles with a factory Turbo S kit on it.

Spill the beans then!!

But this is Nick's competition :dont know:

mohitos said:
But this is Nick's competition :dont know:

Oh, okay. My guess is £95K then??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back