Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Hesitation + CEL

Robx

Hi guys

Developed a bit of a problem over last few weeks. The car (997 C2) has started hesitating when warm. No misfires or sign of an issue when cold but once up to temp it hesitates under acceleration. Feels a bit like its under fuelling? I changed the coil packs about 6 months ago and have just cleaned the MAF, but that didn't help. I haven't put any new fuel in since it started doing it so maybe bad fuel?

It did throw a CEL P0200 - Powertrain Injector Circuit

Any suggestions as to what to try?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Rob

I had this on a Boxster once, absolutely fine when cold but when warmed up hesitation at times to the point that overtaking was dangerous and despite cleaning the maf it needed a new one, the difference in the cars performance after fitting was quite striking.

Cheers for the reply Timbo, looks like i'll try a new one and see how that goes!

Maybe worth a try, but I had the hesitation, minus the CEO. After my major service and the air filter, in particular being changed, it disappeared.

The fault code would indicate a problem with the injectors , rather an unusual code and possibly a red herring i think .

I would lean towards a Maf or a fuel pressure issue in the first instance .

997 pumps although rare can fail to deliver high enough pressure , the few i have changed had black pieces of plastic under the pump in the filter .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back