Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

DSC Sport Plug and Play PASM upgrade

askgeez said:
It's great. No more bouncing, or having to steer around potholes :thumbs:

"Sport" button now means sport mode / normal Pasm
"Sports plus" is sport mode / sport Pasm

Perfect :worship:

Takes your mind off the football :D

nigel99 said:
askgeez said:
It's great. No more bouncing, or having to steer around potholes :thumbs:

"Sport" button now means sport mode / normal Pasm
"Sports plus" is sport mode / sport Pasm

Perfect :worship:

Takes your mind off the football :D

Football !? Was there a match on today :hand:

Guy hope you had a good drive mate , was it the middle of the night when you called :floor: :floor: good to see you got it all sorted and fitted ok. :thumb: :thumb:

Fitted mine -transformational - no other one word covers it.

Utterly besotted with it. Makes it into the car it always should have been.

Fitted the control unit today - no problems, not had chance to drive yet. Unfortunately I had to give up on the accelerometer. Managed to get the unit mounted but this was not easy at all as the footwell heater was right over the existing accelerometer leaving barely enough space for the unit height let alone the 3M fixing tape. In the end I was able to force it into place by deflecting the bottom of the heater unit - chiropractor now on standby following the contortions required!

Moved on to the wiring but the space available is really limited and I could not see how I could 'unwrap" the loom and separate out the required wires so decided this is a job for my friendly auto electrician :help: who I will be calling tomorrow.

Slightly embarrassed, I know furlongers have always said mine drives lovely and fresh and so refined compared to others they have experienced, but Oh dear, went to fit mine today, and guess what, it already has one !!!

Not sure what to do know, looks like I have a brand new one for that has never been fitted !!

You plonker Rodney :D

Boba fett said:
Slightly embarrassed, I know furlongers have always said mine drives lovely and fresh and so refined compared to others they have experienced, but Oh dear, went to fit mine today, and guess what, it already has one !!!

Not sure what to do know, looks like I have a brand new one for that has never been fitted !!

Boba , lol thats a classic :grin: :grin: Ken may be along if he's still short on supply v customers.

Phil 997 said:
Boba fett said:

Boba , lol thats a classic :grin: :grin: Ken may be along if he's still short on supply v customers.

I know, feel like a right Lemon, Well, I don't drive it much to be honest, and I have been interested in the Bobbing, bouncing, cornering and the car being NOT sure footed as it should be threads... but mine has been tip top and thought, what are they on about its a dream!!

Makes perfect scence now, wish I had an OEM, so I really know how bad it was !!

Boba fett said:
Phil 997 said:
Boba fett said:

I know, feel like a right Lemon, Well, I don't drive it much to be honest, and I have been interested in the Bobbing, bouncing, cornering and the car being NOT sure footed as it should be threads... but mine has been tip top and thought, what are they on about its a dream!!

Mate you really couldn't turn sport pasm on it became undrivable bouncing around and when you hit pot holes etc even in std pasm it wasnt nice.
and with the DSC its very different just so much more controlled, compliant and softer without it becoming a big wallowy saloon car. Its one of those things that we discuss that makes the car better than stock and is what the factory should have originally used. OEplus if the term my indy use about this type of thing :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
Boba fett said:
Phil 997 said:
Boba fett said:

Mate you really couldn't turn sport pasm on it became undrivable bouncing around and when you hit pot holes etc even in std pasm it wasnt nice.
and with the DSC its very different just so much more controlled, compliant and softer without it becoming a big wallowy saloon car. Its one of those things that we discuss that makes the car better than stock and is what the factory should have originally used. OEplus if the term my indy use about this type of thing :thumb:

Thanks Phil.

I will contact 9E in the morning, not sure about software updates, looking at threads, there has been no changes, however, the 9E DSC module has 997.2 Written on it, mine fitted has not, unsure if there is a difference.

that's a good one 8)

hopefully there was still someone on the waiting list

PS I've got a stock module if you want it.

MaxA said:
that's a good one 8)

hopefully there was still someone on the waiting list

PS I've got a stock module if you want it.

I'm told the stock thingy, is bad, A mate made the group buy and is made up with his.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HannahMich
Back