Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rust around inside of front wheel arch

Stephenjk

Hi got underneath the car at the weekend to look at front wheel arches. Clearly brake disk covers need some attention. Do you know if i can replace them without removing brake disk? I spent ages googling this but didnt see any answers. I realise that might be as people do the disks at same time. I'm guessing state of cover may also indicate while since disks gave been replaced so might do these too. Waiting on tool to measure their thickness though first, they do feel like at least a 1mm ridge has developed so been a while since they were replaced. Rears are new at least!

I'm assuming that cylinder is the abs pump. Do you think it worth giving that bit of a rub and paint while I'm in there?

Attachments

• img_20171105_131716_1305x2320_696.jpg
    img_20171105_131716_1305x2320_696.jpg
    439.4 KB · Views: 4,449
Hey up,

Yes disc off for brake dies cover. As to ?cylinder? the only thing i can see in your pic is the bottom of the shock absorber looking rusty - your choice on that - just bare in mind if you remove it from the hub ( 2 big bolts at bottom) you will need to go get your tracking re set.....

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back