Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Squeaky drivers chair

chriscoates81

Suzuka
Hi guys my drivers seat is squeaking and I've narrowed it down to the vertical bit as if I lean forward it doesn't squeaky. Does anyone have any experience with this? (I may have posted this before so if I have sorry).

Hard to say without looking im afraid but the leather base can become dry and rub against the upright and cause squeeks .. more a creak actually.

The side plastic trims can also cause a noise as they move as can the seat belt stalk if the fabric has come away .. it rubs on the seat and the center consol .

To find .. hmm .. i think i would get someone sitting in the seat then get them to move and cause the noise whilst i sat in the back pushing the seat base down to see if it stops or just looking around the seat and trying to nail down which part its coming from .

OK cheers, it sounds like its the rhs, if I move the plastic cover away it still squeaky. I'm wondering whether to see if the bolts loose that the back hinges around (I flick the seat forward on a regular basis to get the kids in) or maybe try wd40 or silicone spray.

So I had a quick go at noise finding last night. It's definitely the lower rhs of the vertical bolster. I tried moving/holding various bits but it made no difference. I'm going to have a look at some exploded drawings today and I'll give the seat a clean and see if that stops it.

I'd be interested to see what you find as mine is doing it as well.

It does seem to be hard to pin down, I must of looked right weirdo last night shaking from side to side at the lights.

So I cleaned them at the weekend but still squeaking. The next step is to go a bit more invasive, is it hard to remove the middle bit of the vertical part of the seat? These are sports seats so I'm wondering if the screws are loose.

Cheers it doesn't look too bad. I'm hoping it's just that that squeaks.

My sport seat squeaks where the seat belt comes up between the seat and centre consul. A small microfibre cloth wrapped around it solves the problem until I fix it for good.

I checked out that website but I didn't want to break my seat. Is it just a case of lifting the central bit up and towards the steering wheel?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R6demon
Back