Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

The Finn's 997 4S progress thread - GT3 RS Wheels

Thefinn

After being on the site a while now one thing that i do enjoy and wish i had started with my first 4S are the progress threads that some other members complete. So seeing as i have just picked up my new to me 4S cab here goes.

Its not really where I wanted to take the first shots of my new car or leave it over night but a multi story car park is where i am starting due to a pit stop on its way back to its new home.

I have been hunting for the right car for some time and this is the car that i have been waiting for. Its a 2008 4S cab in Atlas Grey with a little over 34k on the clock, full dealer service history and me being the third owner. Spec included Sports Chrono Plus, PSE, Short shift, sports design wheels, top tint screen, auto dim mirrors and auto wipers, memory multi function hard back heated seats with embossed crest, cruse control, hard top, updated stereo and nav (i have to old uint as well), I think that's everything, oh it also came with oem indoor cover and wind deflector (i doubt i will use this much as the point of a cab is to get the wind in your hair).

The plan is to keep the exterior stock apart from wheel spacers and maybe lowering, maybe LED lights but not quite sure. The interior will get a bit of a make over but stick to OEM upgrade parts and maybe a bit of additional paint to some plastic. Under the bonnet i will upgrade the exhaust, intake to 82mm and filter, engine mounts and a map once the Porsche warranty is up. So her she is

popcorn3.gif

Great set of mods
respect.gif

popcorn3.gif

and a lovely looking car :thumb:

I still have all of the engine parts from the last car ready to bolt on i just need a new set of CATS which i will get from Top Gear as i left the last set on my old car. But if anyone have an M97 hand brake and shifter i might be interested if in good condition.

Thefinn said:
But if anyone have an M97 hand brake and shifter i might be interested if in good condition.

I think you are after the Tequipment leather/Ali type Mike? These do look superb.

Great buy and I just love Atlas.

thanks scholester I think love the colour more than the black already. Porsche want £600 + vat for a new hand brake which I thought wasn't to OTT but the knob is £1100 + vat I nearly choked

Looks like a lovely car! The original owner clearly went nuts with the options list! Enjoy it!

The Porsche aluminium gear knob and handbrake is a crazy price, which is a shame as I think it lets the interior down a little. I'm looking for options for mine - to be honest a custom item and retrim would probably be cheaper!

Those tequipment handbreaks and gear knobs are expensive the handbreaks come up used from time to time, but the knobs very rarely.
Have you considered alcantara mate :thumb:

thanks for the comments guys loving it already the lower miles just make it feel a better car than my last one. I have thought of a retrim but I like the ali look so I think I might hold out for while to see what eBay brings if not I bet my frivolous side get the better of me and I will pay up for a new one.

your right about the original owner I forgot that it also has bose and park assist so I think they must have got talked into nearly every add on, lucky me!

Don't forget to change your signature :thumb:

not much progress this weekend due to other jobs that needing doing, but did get round to changing one of the keys over to a gen 2 fob to stop opening the frunk in my pocket. The least worn origional one safley locked away so as i have at least one original key.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back