Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

964 Project - Plan B

Hi Joe,

You're right there, the garage door people's website says that in an emergency they will come straight out and after service is paramount. Well, that turned out to be utter b88llocks :frustrated:

Never mind, the Classics tickets have gone to Steve Baker who had missed out so I'm sure you'll see him there.

Hi KP,

You think I'm joking :floor:

Cheers,
Paul

Hi Chaps,

I hope you are all keeping well? I apologise that I haven't been in these parts of late but as you may have read Betty has had to spend a month in jail. Totally innocent of course.

Finally freed after the new springs were fitted to the garage door (where do they get the price from!) I let her loose on the Queen's highway again before the recent salt on said highways stopped the fun.

Time for some paintwork for the old gal then! :wink:

And with the windows back in :grin:

If you're wondering about the go-faster stripes on the bonnet, they are the reflection of a shop and the other reflections are of the Hotel de France in Chartres Sur le Loir near Le Mans.

Here is the photo from which the art is taken from so you can judge for yourselves.

Obviously work in progress and I'm sure many of you are familiar with Manu Campu's work and his love of everything air-cooled, he owns a beautiful 50's Beetle (a video of that can be found on Petrolicious). Anyway you can possible follow his progress and other beautiful work on I****gram if you search for manucampart.

Jkeith, if you're reading this, you should see his paintings of vintage racing bikes, another of Manu's passions.

Cheers,
Paul

Cheers Paul, he sounds like a man after my own heart.

Hope to catch up soon,

Cheers, Keith.

You're back!!
Missed you a lot :p

Hi Chief,

Like a bad penny mate!

I plan to restore some of my early photos which Photof***it ripped from our threads, when I have some time off over the Christmas hols. I use Imageshack these days.

Loving your Blue Book :worship:

Cheers,
Paul

Hi Chaps,

Here is the finished article from Manu Campa, you can even see the beam deflectors on the headlight lenses :)

Cheers,
Paul

Very nice painting .. that is so hard to do , clean colour and perfect line , brilliant :thumb:

That's an impressive painting, the detail and reflections look great.

Loving the work there Paul! I'd better follow him on Instagram :)

I'll also take a look at Imageshack...

Chris

Thought you'd gone all retro on us Paul with the stripes on the bonnet...
Nice job though, on the painting and the car.
The locals are still running out with 911UK and PCGB , hope to see you soon on another run, keep your eyes peeled on here.

cheers
John

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all your kind comments :thumb: And I know it's good if you say it is KP :wink:

K888ETH, Thanks! Manu makes a big this of reflections for his realism style.

Manu is definitely worth following on Instagram at manucampart Chris, there's lots of good Porschie (sic) stuff to enjoy from an alternative perspective.

I suppose I could always come with the Macan Turbo PP while it's bad weather John, it's an interesting an car in itself and sounds mint.

I'm getting the car out next Tuesday (barring more saltiness) and taking to Porsche OPC for an oil change, which automatically qualifies to for the new Porsche Classic Register.

There are nice benefits to be had here, see Porsche GB website for all the details

https://www.porsche.com/uk/accessoriesandservice/classic/register/

The reason Porsche are being generous is so they can get a handle on what's out there and tempt classic business back into OPC's. I wouldn't exactly say they weren't interested a few years ago but it's different ball game now with the values of classic cars and they want a slice of the pie. I will say however that I've always found them to be very competitive with parts an labour and the mechanics love to see them.

They are already reintroducing classics into the showrooms and selling them alongside new models, it's a very lucrative business and apart from the money it's added brand value.

Nice work if you can get it. Anyway I'll let you know what happens after I pick the old gal up on Tuesday evening

Cheers,
Paul

Hi Paul!

Interesting to read about the classic register. Thanks for the info, I didn't even know it existed.
Oil change it is then..... :thumb:

Cheers
Mike

Hi M,

No problem, it's a good deal and apart from all the goodies like the plate holders, nitrogen for the tyres free washes and classic pack, it's worth having your Porsche classic registered in your own name back at the factory.

Hi Chaps,

All done and I wish I'd cleaned the underside of the car first but that's a job for over the winter. Anyway here is a link to the muck :grin:

https://video.citnow.com/vxGB3mg7MNF

It was great to see catch up few old friends and new this morning for coffee and bacon rolls generously supplied by Porsche Centre Teesside :thumbs: Big thanks to all an especially to Andy Wexham who did the service on my car.

A few photos showing the new Porsche Classic Register plates and a few arty shots.

She's all pressure washed and polished off and I think that will be about it for this year.

Cheers,
Paul

Hi Chaps,

The painting from Manu Campa arrived last week and I've now had it mounted.

I've hung it my office I think it's too good for the garage?

Cheers,
Paul

Super cool there our kid :bandit: :bandit: :bandit: :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back