Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Pipe in near side arch

Sukh-C4S

Just got an MOT done and the guy mentioned there was some surface corrosion on a pipe in the near side wheel arch. you can see it with the wheels turned left and it seems to go in a backwards C shape. Anyone know what it is, where it comes from and goes? I've tried to highlight it between the red lines in the attached photo

Attachments

• img_20171111_wa0018_186.jpg
    img_20171111_wa0018_186.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 2,516
Someone may correct me if I'm wrong, but is it not the brake pipe that runs behind the left headlamp to the drivers side wheel arch?

Lewis

G3BML said:
Someone may correct me if I'm wrong, but is it not the brake pipe that runs behind the left headlamp to the drivers side wheel arch?

Lewis

Doesn't sound logical to come into the passenger wheel arch only the turn around and head back in the same direction it came from back towards the drivers side.

I tried looking in the parts katalog to see if it comes under 'brake line' but it didn't shed any more light on the situation *confused*

If you look here ..

http://www.deroure.com/diagrams.asp?MAK=3&MDL=25&TBL=2609&SMA=&SMO=0&ST=&SC=0

Youll see the connector block that routes the brake pipes from the PSM to the outside of the car (PSM is fitted in the n/s/f under the bonnet and under the cover ) .

The pipe goes from this block to the o/s/f caliper .. i have also looked for which pipe it is but as the pictures are for a LHD car its a bit confuseing .

Yours does seem to be leaking from the picture though .

Demort said:
Yours does seem to be leaking from the picture though .

What number from diagram are you suggesting this pipe is though?

The brake fuild stains are about a year old from when I had all the brake lines replaced. The black stuff is on the brake line is waxy oil (or whatever its called).
Seems like the garage missed this one bit of pipe when replacing so i'll have to pop back and see them :-|
Thanks!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back