Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Set of 997 Carrera IV 18" wheels with Michelin winter t

HarryH

Set of 4 genuine Porsche Carrera IV 18" wheels with Michelin Pilot Alpina N2 winter tyres. Used them on my 997.2 C2S for two seasons. Now have alternative vehicle for bad weather so selling to clear the space in the garage.

Fronts are 8Jx18ET57 shod with 235/40R18. Rears are 10.5Jx18ET60 shod with 265/40R18. Rather light use, tyres have lots of tread, wheels are in very good condition, although they have been used so they are not showroom condition if you are totally OCD :)

Located Worcestershire. Detailed photos available if genuinely interested.

£1000 secures.

Attachments

• all_four_209.jpg
    all_four_209.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 4,974
By the way, open to feedback from forum members if you view this but think it is priced wrong or have any other concerns. Possibly people are just not looking to buy, but 200+ views and no interest makes me wonder if I am getting something wrong here. Thanks.

These still for sale - & winter is coming £800 to clear the space and placate my better half!

Hi Harry

What I can say in your support these are a really good set of wheels. I have a set as spares and they add that little bit more comfort with the 40mm side wall. One of the best designs to keep clean and maintain. Ease of access to the hub and brake calipers to clean so they always look good. Original 997 gen2 spec equipment alloys.

Very good for touring / long distance driving or winter and summer.

Hope that helps anyone with a genuine review.

The price seems reasonable for what they are to me and at least the night time temperatures are already where you would want winters on - anyone who doesn't already have a set and has a car that they would fit would be strongly advised to get these bought. :thumb:

They look cracking wheels and TBH as you are round my area they'd be a great buy for me. But I've just sold a set of BMW 18" wheels with Michelin Alpin near new and they only fetched £500 so i'd be deep in the mire if i went and spent more on a car i'd use less (assuming I still had the BMW). I know they are worth more but If you ever get truly desperate send me a pm.

Harry, I am the same as Ben sold a set of 18" carreras with PS2 FOR £550
I originally had them up for £800 no takers so reduced them .Its strange as we all know they are worth £800 but no one wants to pay that for them. So options seem to be hang on and try and find a buyer or drop them to the £500 ish mark and shift them. :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
Harry, I am the same as Ben sold a set of 18" carreras with PS2 FOR £550
I originally had them up for £800 no takers so reduced them .Its strange as we all know they are worth £800 but no one wants to pay that for them. So options seem to be hang on and try and find a buyer or drop them to the £500 ish mark and shift them. :thumb:

+1

£800 all day long with good tyres and mint condition

£500-£600 if they need repainting.

Christmas 5wks away £800 may be the wrong time of year.

MNC911 said:
Hi Harry

What I can say in your support these are a really good set of wheels. I have a set as spares and they add that little bit more comfort with the 40mm side wall. One of the best designs to keep clean and maintain. Ease of access to the hub and brake calipers to clean so they always look good. Original 997 gen2 spec equipment alloys.

Very good for touring / long distance driving or winter and summer.

Hope that helps anyone with a genuine review.

Thanks MNC, appreciate the supportive comments. They do look good on the car, arguably better than the original 19" wheels!

Thanks everyone for your input and advice.

Ben, no I don't think we have met, although I guess I can't rule out the possibility that you know where I live! :eek:

It would be kind of disappointing to go down to £500 when the set cost I think about £1300-£1500 when I bought them only two or three years ago. But maybe that's the market at the moment. Need to think about that.

In the interest of giving you a bump and explaining myself I brought a 3.6 Targa 996 from a guy called Harry in Redditch. His last name began with H. Only thing was it was a manual.

Now sold, to another forum member.
Thanks all

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back