Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What did you buy your 997 this week?

New997buyer said:
Simples. I love the way they look.

Such is the way taste works I guess :dont know:

Can't argue with that matey, however I must admit anything is better than the standard Gen 1 Turbo wheels :worship:

Phil 997 said:
Jake911 said:
Not yet taken ownership of my 911 from RSJ however I have bought her a Gtechniq Crystal Serum light detail as a treat. Must be love :puh:

Great stuff Jake I use it weekly as a quick detailer after the snowfoam and shampoo . what colours the car. :thumb:

Hi Phil

The car is slate grey so the finish should look amazing :thumb:

Had a new alternator to starter cable fitted after research on here pointed me in the right direction to cure my slow turnover when starting a hot engine.
Result? Now no difference when engine is hot or cold - she cranks over beautifully under either condition!

Got my OE GT3RS side sills fitted today , decided to keep them matt black to match the front lip. :thumb:

Attachments

• img_2246_970.jpg
    img_2246_970.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 3,751
  • img_2247_212.jpg
    img_2247_212.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 3,751
I got a DEFA combined engine and interior heater with smart charger set installed, 7.5 litres of Shell Helix Ultra 5W40 and 30 litres of R Klycol Long Life rated for -35c (Nordic winter). Along with my rubber mats and Nokian Hakkapeliitta7 winter tyres, some new Bosch wiper blades and a top up of screenwash, I'm all set. 8)

^^^^^ Your car has certainly lived two very different lives :grin:

MJA911 said:

It's a Porsche it'll be fine. Now that I have studs, I have a cunning plan to take it out on an ice track, if I can find one. Or just a frozen lake. If I can fine one.

I found yesterday that if I drive along the motorway in 7th with cruise control set to 115kmh, I have a theoretical range of some 775km at 9.0 litres/100km, which is a tad better than the 400-odd total km that I was getting on a tank of super in Dubai. I suppose it helps that winter limits are so low and it was 0c. :grin:

MaxA said:
MJA911 said:

It's a Porsche it'll be fine. Now that I have studs, I have a cunning plan to take it out on an ice track, if I can find one. Or just a frozen lake. If I can fine one.

I found yesterday that if I drive along the motorway in 7th with cruise control set to 115kmh, I have a theoretical range of some 775km at 9.0 litres/100km, which is a tad better than the 400-odd total km that I was getting on a tank of super in Dubai. I suppose it helps that winter limits are so low and it was 0c. :grin:

Max you car must have the record on here for living in the two most extreme temps :grin: :grin:

collected my body coloured sport chrono cover and dials surround today . pleased with the way they look. :grin: :thumb:

Attachments

• img_2263_214.jpg
    img_2263_214.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 3,420
  • img_2262_409.jpg
    img_2262_409.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 3,420
  • img_2257_208.jpg
    img_2257_208.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 3,420
  • img_2256_147.jpg
    img_2256_147.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 3,420
OEM wheels caps, from eBay, but I'm sure the seller is an esteemed member of this very forum :grin:

Attachments

• cd109f32_a1bd_44b0_a278_0d1632c33216_189.jpeg
    cd109f32_a1bd_44b0_a278_0d1632c33216_189.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 3,394
Phil 997 said:
MaxA said:
MJA911 said:

Max you car must have the record on here for living in the two most extreme temps :grin: :grin:

Perhaps. If you're not living on the edge...

Thefinn said:
Mind the paint when you push the dials back in as it's easy to scratch it, I had a similar problem when I had my old one dipped

thanks mate, I let James the tech do it early evening. all in now :thumb: :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
collected my body coloured sport chrono cover and dials surround today . pleased with the way they look. :grin: :thumb:

The paint looks great Phil. I look forward to seeing them fitted :thumb:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PC Saros
Back