Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Fraud Warning: Scammers offering parts via PM system

911UK

Administrator
Staff member
For anyone looking for parts for sale, please be alert to scammer who send you a PM offering you parts for sale.

These would be via members who have no posts to their name and example messages are the following.

Please contact Brad on [email protected] regarding your request . He gave me a great deal when i purchased from him. Fast shipping and trusted. Located in Charlotte, NC 28230 USA.

Any deal offered would be very low and below the market price however payment would be requested via a Bank Transfer, which can not be refunded.

THIS IS A SCAM

Should you be approached by PM from a user with zero posts, then cease all contact, do not send any money and contact site admin '911uk' so that we can block the user.

Members should always conduct necessary due diligence on any parts sale, especially with any transaction outside the UK, paying only with a recognised 'refundable' payment method

The same buyer fraud protection applies, especially in terms of the payment method, avoid western union, money granm and a bank transfer.

1701691865341.png

Last edited:
Scam private msg. received

Having placed a wanted request for some hard back sports seats, I received the following private msg. today from a member called vcat -

"Hi,

Please contact Brad on [email protected] regarding your request . He gave me a great deal when i purchased from him. Fast shipping and trusted. Located in Charlotte, NC 28230 USA."

An obvious scam that I think I saw others receiving recently, albeit using a different name.

Yes this is indeed a scam and there is a thread already running on it, the 911UK administrators are also aware of it so everyone needs to be vigilant !

Thanks for the reminder !

I agree a scam , I would suggest anyone looking to buy on here from an overseas member or someone with very few posts should PM one of the Mods to see if the member is known and trusted before parting with cash. :thumb: :thumb: I have brought quite a lot from members on here with no issues as 99.9% are genuine decent people. :thumb:

How about...

"I have some friends in NC - can they come around to take a look?" and "will they need to take the gun rack out of their truck to get the seats in...?"

mikeluke said:
How about...

"I have some friends in NC - can they come around to take a look?" and "will they need to take the gun rack out of their truck to get the seats in...?"

:floor: :floor: :floor: love it.

can user receiving these message advise me of their username, so that we can take action against their accounts.

Yep same from vcat

Some forums have a minimum post count before you can PM to stop this kind of thing...just an idea :dont know:

:thumb:

HSC911 said:
Some forums have a minimum post count before you can PM to stop this kind of thing...just an idea :dont know:

:thumb:

The simple ideas are always the best :thumb:

ron911
Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:24 am
Subject: WANTED: 911 997 TURBO GEN 1 SUSPENSION Quote message
Hi,

Please contact Tim on [email protected] regarding your request . He gave me a great deal when i purchased from him. Fast shipping and trusted. Located in Gardner, MA 01440 USA..

:pc:

For anyone looking for parts for sale, please be alert to scammer who send you a PM offering you parts for sale.

These would be via members who have no posts to their name and example messages are the following.

Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:21 pm
Subject: Evoms CAI, IPD Plenum and GT3 TB for 996 3.6 Quote message
Hi

Emailing about your AD . Please contact Bob on [email protected] regarding your request. He is located in Nashville, Tennessee 37202 and can arrange shipping. I Purchased items from him and they arrived in TOP condition.

Thanks

THIS IS A SCAM

Should you be approached by PM from a user with zero posts, then cease all contact, do not send any money and contact site admin '911uk' so that we can block the user.

Members should always conduct necessary due diligence on any parts sale, especially with any transaction outside the UK, paying only with a recognised 'refundable' payment method

The same buyer fraud protection applies, especially in terms of the payment method, avoid western union, money granm and a bank transfer.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back