Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Are these seats Heated???

tgdesign

Spa-Francorchamps
Hi Gents

I have just purchased some sport seats to replace the comfort seats currently in my 997.
Can anyone tell from these pictures if these seats are heated or not as the seller wasn't 100% sure.

Also if they are and I change the AC control unit for one that has the heated seat function is it a plug and play application.
:?:

cheers if anyone can help :thumb:

Attachments

• img_0365_192.jpg
    img_0365_192.jpg
    223.6 KB · Views: 3,066
  • img_0366_150.jpg
    img_0366_150.jpg
    220.1 KB · Views: 3,066
  • img_0367_150.jpg
    img_0367_150.jpg
    275.7 KB · Views: 3,066
  • img_0368_123.jpg
    img_0368_123.jpg
    220.9 KB · Views: 3,066
Ok .. i think you owe me a favour here as at great time and expense ..

Ok i had a look at a wiring diagram thats all :D and whilst its for a 2005 997 .. thats all i have here it shows me that ..

Pin A8 Red / White wire is heated seats.
Pin A13 Brown is heated seats.

You seem to have those pins on the connector so i would say yes it has heated seats .

As for retro fitting i have no idear .. it wasn,t an option when i was at OPC but my logical conclusion is it will need the switch panel and then coding on if theres any chance to get them working .

Im assumeing that the wiring between the two components is factory fitted though , if the opposite plug has the same pins fitted then it is .

Cheers

:thumb:

I will check in the car to see if Pin A8 and pin a13 are in the cars loom.
fingers crossed that is the case , then onto the next step.

Dont forget .. if you unplug that connector with the ignition on and or the battery connected then it will flag an airbag fault which can only be turned off with a tester .

Airbag light will stay on basically .

They may even be more than heated seats ! was there a cooling option also?

I say that because I have heated seats (and had them out of the car last weekend to fit a fire extinguisher mount) and they I didn't have that box - bottom left of your picture.

Was wondering if it could be the shroud for a fan ?

How long do you need to have the battery disconnected for not to get the airbag fault??

:hand:

tgdesign said:
How long do you need to have the battery disconnected for not to get the airbag fault??

:hand:

All the time you have that connector unplugged ..

You can get away with no key in the ignition but battery disconnected is always best when working on an airbag system .

If you do trigger it then all it means is someone has to connect a tester and clear the fault .

The cooling in the seats .. was that 991 onwards ? :dont know:

Should have holes in the leather and a vent at the back for cooling is all i know .

I can say theres many pins not connected in that connector and i have no idear what they are for im afraid .

Mods are not my thing i just reply as best as i can :sad:

EDIT

Just for info .. usual rubbish from me ..

After battery disconnect then you will have dash faults that will clear after a 6mph or faster drive , you will need to reset your windows .. hold it in the closed position both sides to reset one touch/drop function and if a radio code then it will need to be re entered .

Memory seats are reset by holding the switch in the furthest forward and back positions .

I have vented seats on my 997 MY2009 nice in the summer months really keeps you cool .

THEY ARE !!!!

Hi Gents

Just to confirm that you all said , they are heated I tested them yesterday :thumb:

All I need to know now is how you retro fit them :?:

All information welcome.

:worship:

Bolt and plug in, then get down to a local indy to get it coded with piwis.
:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back