Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

B8 Alternative

I bought B8s recently from Matt at Type911. Came in a few days, for a turbo, so would fit yours. Maybe I bought the last set!

I bought B8's last year from a small local independent - fronts were 2 days - rears were nearly 5 weeks..... I have them with HR springs and I'm pretty happy :thumbs:

Deakmeister1 said:
I bought B8's last year from a small local independent - fronts were 2 days - rears were nearly 5 weeks..... I have them with HR springs and I'm pretty happy :thumbs:

What's the ride like compared to standard? Are they noticeably harsh?

BChivs said:
Deakmeister1 said:

What's the ride like compared to standard? Are they noticeably harsh?

I changed everything when I did them as I had a split top mount and a worn bottom arm so took the opportunity to refresh every bush and arm at the same time.
The difference was night and day tbf. It is not as firm as I was expecting it to be, it doesn't crash around or anything.
I don't think you will find them harsh, just a little firmer.
With the springs I find it sits just about how I want it.
I was conscious I didn't want coilovers as previously had a set of Leda on an E30 M3 which I used for track days and weekends. The adjustability was great but you seem to be forever adjusting looking for a bit better. It crashed and banged its way everywhere but was fantastic on track.
I bought the turbo for weekends so wanted something that was an improvement over how my car was with standard shocks and a little lower - these have ticked the box.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DD77
Back