Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

C2S - Vesuvious colour trim

Funny enough my last customer tonight was a Vesuvius and is sitting on the same wheels...just supplied a set of two tone Cup 2s and original 31mm spacers so he's a happy chap.

Just got the mirrors painted.
I really like the original look.

Attachments

• screenhunter_01_jul_11_1543_319.gif
    screenhunter_01_jul_11_1543_319.gif
    222.9 KB · Views: 6,211
So how many of the last run of 993 c2s vesuvious greys with steel trim are there? I've seen 2 in JZM in past 6 week's and another in the car park at Berkhamsted Tesco's ( probably stopped filling up the screen bottle with Perrier water) plus my own .... just like red buses ... would have thought only about 2 or 3 dozen at most ?🤓

Mine came with body coloured wing mirrors and silver Cup 2s from the factory. Only the special editions had the grey mirrors and wheels.

So how many of the last run of 993 c2s vesuvious greys with steel trim are there? I've seen 2 in JZM in past 6 week's and another in the car park at Berkhamsted Tesco's ( probably stopped filling up the screen bottle with Perrier water) plus my own .... just like red buses ... would have thought only about 2 or 3 dozen at most ?🤓

Saw one of yours NJ in JZM with chestnut skins .... went in a matter of days :eek:

Attachments

• 92beae52_fd40_46ca_aa54_3866c875adb9_158.png
    92beae52_fd40_46ca_aa54_3866c875adb9_158.png
    71.6 KB · Views: 2,128
Terrybell said:
Saw one of yours NJ in JZM with chestnut skins .... went in a matter of days :eek:

That's my car now!

Haha .... welcome to the club .... you could have had my old wheels :hand: ... will take a look at the latest one in JZM for comparison purposes at the weekend and hope we have a new club member soon ....

Attachments

• 49e3d54a_51d9_4a11_8aee_10cdec0a5595_318.png
    49e3d54a_51d9_4a11_8aee_10cdec0a5595_318.png
    67.1 KB · Views: 2,105
  • 49e3d54a_51d9_4a11_8aee_10cdec0a5595_207.png
    49e3d54a_51d9_4a11_8aee_10cdec0a5595_207.png
    67.1 KB · Views: 2,097
Terrybell said:
Haha .... welcome to the club .... you could have had my old wheels :hand: ... will take a look at the latest one in JZM for comparison purposes at the weekend and hope we have a new club member soon ....

My old car. :thumb:

C.

Looking forward to taking a closer look C ... have JZM bought it off you or is it sale or return ?

nickjonesn4 said:
Mine came with body coloured wing mirrors and silver Cup 2s from the factory. Only the special editions had the grey mirrors and wheels.

Nick

The original sales brochure from the time reads:

"On request, the 911 Carrera S is available in a special colour called "Vesuvius metallic". The model designation on the rear of the car, wheel centres, outside mirrors, door handles and spoiler grating are all painted steel grey.

The above specification is available as standard. The only additional charge is for Tiptronic S"

This seems to point to the trims being steel grey as standard for a "vesuvius" so perhaps any deviation from this at the factory would have been at the buyer's specific request. :?:

madge said:
nickjonesn4 said:

Nick

The original sales brochure from the time reads:

"On request, the 911 Carrera S is available in a special colour called "Vesuvius metallic". The model designation on the rear of the car, wheel centres, outside mirrors, door handles and spoiler grating are all painted steel grey.

The above specification is available as standard. The only additional charge is for Tiptronic S"

This seems to point to the trims being steel grey as standard for a "vesuvius" so perhaps any deviation from this at the factory would have been at the buyer's specific request. :?:

That's interesting. Mine definitely had body coloured mirrors, door handles and silver wheels from the factory. Will put the Cups back to silver at some point in the future.

I think it's fair to say the original owner had an eye for something different as I'm not sure how many Vesuvius/Chestnut combo cars there are out there!!

nickjonesn4 said:
I think it's fair to say the original owner had an eye for something different as I'm not sure how many Vesuvius/Chestnut combo cars there are out there!!

I think the one in the book has a Chestnut interior. I like it.

Attachments

• fullsizerender2000_187.jpg
    fullsizerender2000_187.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 2,026
madge said:
nickjonesn4 said:

I think the one in the book has a Chestnut interior. I like it.
mm

Yep. It's one of the reasons I bought the car immediately! Quite a bold choice when most at the time were grey.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R6demon
Back