Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 turbo cab - baby/toddler seats

david_a

Sorry bit of an urgent post as one car has had to go in to the garage and logistics mean the panamera can be used both ends of the day for pick up from childminder duties.

Hence in a 986 turbo a cab. Can you put a forward facing seat in the front for a 2 year old? Is there something about the airbags that need doing ?

Or is it in the back only? We don't have isofix do we???

Help / advice please !

Can't get at mine to check the check the passenger airbag - but I seem to remember that you can switch it off.

You are correct that there is no Isofix in the rear of the car

I have a 996 C2 and put my 3 year old son in a forward facing seat in the front. I don't deactivate the airbag, but I do move the seat as far back as it will go, and I recline it a little too.

It is legal to do this, and because of the hardback sport seats I have, I believe it is a little safer than having him bash his head on the seat in front if I crash.

Is it possible to use isofix seats with just a belt?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
911tt1
Back