Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Coolant issue Gen 2 Carrera S PDK

You may have a problem with the coolant level sensor as that should have flashed up first before it went to 120 on the gauge .

It Could be a sensor fault for the engine temp .

It could also have dumped all its coolant in one go and it was actually that hot .

Youll soon find out though as over heating may well do the headgaskets , well the garage working on it will and im guessing they will have to fix it .

My guess though is it will be fine once the leak has been fixed .

Thats my 2 pennys anyways .

Finally received my car back! crisis over

First things first. There was no damage to the engine :clap:

As predicted there was a hole in one of the rads and the dealership replaced with new rad and new coolant pipes.

One of the owners kindly delivered the car back to my front door following a long drive around the motorway and the car drove good as new. Obviously I took it out myself straight away and it was fine.

Only negative, looks like they took the car to get valeted at a local carwash as the car came back with loads of swirl marks. Grrr. Hopefully the weather will be good on the weekend so I can give a good polish and wax.

Geezer 911 said:
Finally received my car back! crisis over

First things first. There was no damage to the engine :clap:

As predicted there was a hole in one of the rads and the dealership replaced with new rad and new coolant pipes.

One of the owners kindly delivered the car back to my front door following a long drive around the motorway and the car drove good as new. Obviously I took it out myself straight away and it was fine.

Only negative, looks like they took the car to get valeted at a local carwash as the car came back with loads of swirl marks. Grrr. Hopefully the weather will be good on the weekend so I can give a good polish and wax.

Phew! Great news, nice one :thumb:

I got up early this morning on a missions to eradicate those swirls and light scratches.

After 4 hours here are the results

Attachments

• img_3197_204.jpg
    img_3197_204.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 4,884
  • img_3199_209.jpg
    img_3199_209.jpg
  • img_3203_469.jpg
    img_3203_469.jpg
cliffbase said:
Thats great news, im pleased for you. Car looks great :thumb:

Cheers Cliffbase

Now I'm going to start focusing on mods. After just reading the posts on the DSC Sport V1 I think I'm convinced. I need one..

Your car looks nice glad all is ok, I've got a gen2 & had the coolant hoses replaced from front to back was getting wiffs of antifreeze on hot days & noticed damp around coolant pipes collars under the front wheel arches, when I run my hand against them, all ok now had done by main dealer been spot on since.
Just keep your eye on them & the rads at the front for debris accumulation.

Glad your all A ok

Hamster75 said:
Your car looks nice glad all is ok, I've got a gen2 & had the coolant hoses replaced from front to back was getting wiffs of antifreeze on hot days & noticed damp around coolant pipes collars under the front wheel arches, when I run my hand against them, all ok now had done by main dealer been spot on since.
Just keep your eye on them & the rads at the front for debris accumulation.

Glad your all A ok

Thanks for the tips Hamster

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back