Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Disc Hat respray

FZP

What is the consensus on which paint to use for the disc hat. Ive seen some cars at dealers where its too silver if that makes sense.

TIA
FZP

Painted mine with black hammerite a couple of years ago. Still look the same as they day I did them. That grey undercoat colour Porsche do them is just rank.

Black...interesting. got a picture?

FZP said:
Black...interesting. got a picture?

Yes. I did black purposely as it makes them less visible, thus giving a better appearance of the allow wheel & disc. I think there's nothing worse than seeing some horrible grey lump of cast iron slap bang behind a beautiful silver alloy wheel. Epic fail by Porsche.

pzFUAN2.jpg
[/img]

Looks good. When you first mentioned it I couldn't see it working but I like it

:thumb:

Looks hundred times better than that god awful grey primer and shows the wheels, discs and calipers off more.

:hand: Buy the WURTH zinc spray for the hats for a near box fresh finish :thumb: . No need to mask off the pad surface as this will get removed on the first drive.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back