Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New tyres ... anyone tried These babys on yet?

911DG

Hi Guys,

Looking for some new tyres and I recon these look amazing. Anyone seen them on a 911 yet or got them?

Also - if i don't get these - and at that price its doubtful - any recommendations? Don't have to be Pirellis by any means - the Zeros just look ace with the Red surrounds.

Cheers

Dan.

Attachments

• screen_shot_2017_11_01_at_93832_am_188.png
    screen_shot_2017_11_01_at_93832_am_188.png
    406.7 KB · Views: 3,914
I think they look bloody awful. And that price :floor:

PS4S....

Chav-tastic!

I'm still promoting the Yokohama Advan Sport. Cracking tyre for the money.

The coloured tyres do nothing for me I'm afraid but each to their own. :dont know:

I recently bought two rear Michelin PS4s and have to say they're pretty impressive so far. Oh, and you can get ten (305s) for the Pirelli money above...... :thumb:

Chavtastic IMO sorry,tyres are for keeping the car planted to the road buy on performance attributes not look at me F1 wannabe looks.
Not on a 911 please, you do not need to fit these to look fast,Pirrelli by all means but without the bling.
Less is more !

No and I'm pretty certain I never will! Sadly, I do recall doing the same thing with a pen from a motor factors on my Mk1 Golf in the mid 80s for significantly less than 2 bags. A one off experiment that I never repeated. :hand:

I like them, but at that ridiclous price,,,,NOOOOOOOOOOO

It is a rip off imho. Now if they were just a small premium over non painted tyres, i might consider it, each to their own bla bla

I saw some on a GTR in blue and they looked great

LOL just seen seen all the comments - as we say each to their own. I think they look awesome but hey ho - and at That price, nah.

Used to have Kumos on the last 911 and they were great but that was in Australia where European tyres ridiculously expensive.

The biggest problem is the price, way too high! Don't hate them but can't see me going for the PZero just to get the colours even if they were a better price.

For a long time, the Michelin Pilot Sport seems to be the most recommended on here for general purpose, I used to have the PS2 and thought they were great after coming from other makes and the PS4S is 10-15 years newer technology.

I've got Michelin Cup Sport 2, on the car when I bought it, they are deeply impressive, but haven't pushed it in anything but warm/dry conditions. When they need renewing I think the decision will be another set or the PS4S.

HOW MUCH ..??????????

I paid £ 500 for a set of Sotozeros for my Turbo from a forum member last year ...! Great boots ... ( I'm a Scot after all!)

Surely that's the RRP and not real world price.

Frenchmeister said:
Chavtastic IMO sorry,tyres are for keeping the car planted to the road buy on performance attributes not look at me F1 wannabe looks.
Not on a 911 please, you do not need to fit these to look fast,Pirrelli by all means but without the bling.
Less is more !

LOL I feel that way about spoilers and side decals on 911's of any variety but there are plenty out there...i think the tyres would be subtle enough, but cool. But yeh ho - they need to be half that price for me to do it.

Just put my second set of Michelin super sports on, great tyre, noticeably more grip than the contis that were in there before... got 2 fronts on tyre shopper for £190 each (235 35 19) which is an absolute bargain!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron2325
Back