Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Head Unit Facia Trim - Which One?

DucatiRob

Mugello
Plenty available but which is the best fit/finish. I have seen pics where they just don't seem to sit quite right!

Recommendations welcome :thumb:

Not the Connects2 one, its cheap for a reason. Goes together once but then doesn't come parts again without breaking it.

Rob there are several types the one that you can buy most places is close but not a perfect match it has slight cut aways on the top and bottom of the opening for the head unit , these work with the square box style mounting frame , the other type does not have the cut aways and uses the side type fitting frame these are like the ones for sale on the 997.1 japanese export cars with Porsche written on the bottom and are OE , the colour is a perfect match but they are a hell of a lot more money. I have one of that type which I tried to modify to fit my square fitting frame had I had more time and patience I am sure it would have fitted but I got fed up trying . its had a couple of the rear tabs trimmed etc but your welcome to try it if it works send me some dough if it doesnt send it back.
its here if you want to try it let me know mate. :thumb:

See the top pic it shows the type with the cutaways which is what I ended up using and see the lower pics of the OE type its got a clean edge to the head unit opening.. :grin:

Also the OE one I have if you wanted to buy a new one to be 100% sure is a porsche genuine item made for the Japanese 997.1 exports as they didnt come with a PCM2.1 PART NUMBER IS 997.642.903.00 So as you can imagine its the perfect colour match

hope that helps a bit :thumb:

Attachments

• img_2231_135.jpg
    img_2231_135.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 2,016
  • img_2230_102.jpg
    img_2230_102.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 2,016
  • img_1008_669.jpg
    img_1008_669.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 2,016
Phil 997 said:
Rob there are several types the one that you can buy most places is close but not a perfect match it has slight cut aways on the top and bottom of the opening for the head unit , these work with the square box style mounting frame , the other type does not have the cut aways and uses the side type fitting frame these are like the ones for sale on the 997.1 japanese export cars with Porsche written on the bottom and are OE , the colour is a perfect match but they are a hell of a lot more money. I have one of that type which I tried to modify to fit my square fitting frame had I had more time and patience I am sure it would have fitted but I got fed up trying . its had a couple of the rear tabs trimmed etc but your welcome to try it if it works send me some dough if it doesnt send it back.
its here if you want to try it let me know mate. :thumb:

See the top pic it shows the type with the cutaways which is what I ended up using and see the lower pics of the OE type its got a clean edge to the head unit opening.. :grin:

Also the OE one I have if you wanted to buy a new one to be 100% sure is a porsche genuine item made for the Japanese 997.1 exports as they didnt come with a PCM2.1 PART NUMBER IS 997.642.903.00 So as you can imagine its the perfect colour match

hope that helps a bit :thumb:

Excellent, thanks Phil :thumb: will take you up on your offer and give your OE type a go, see if I can make it fit.

Will send PM.

Perfect Rob, got the PM will send it off for you to play with. :thumb:

The one I have in my 997, the colour is as good as you get Sith these fascia, I took mine off 5 times and never had an issue taking off and putting on, pix below of what it looks like, I. Quiet happy with it... :thumb:

J

Attachments

• rps20171106_000933_131.jpg
    rps20171106_000933_131.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 1,943
  • rps20171106_001045_145.jpg
    rps20171106_001045_145.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 1,943

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members