Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Kenwood replacement for PCM. SPP amp not switching on

Chateauneuf

Hello,
I found a similar thread in the 996 forum but the wiring looks different.

I've purchased and wired a Kenwood stereo into my 2005 997 and everything works except the amp isn't turning on and there is no bass in the car. Tweeters work fine.

I've plumbed the PCM back in and the amp works so it's something that doesn't work on the plug and play Connects2 kit. http://www.connects2.co.uk/Product/ProductItem/CTSPO005.2

My thoughts are that the amp isn't being switched in and I believe this is because the black/red wire (pin 2) needs connecting to the blue/white on the Kenwood loom. Has anyone come across this in wiring a new stereo to a 997? I've trawled online but not found the exact diagram to my situation.

Here is the connector with the wire in question.

Any help appreciated. It's driving me maaaad!

Attachments

• c3fea601_6406_4fc9_a172_3f55a77d9ad3_192.jpeg
    c3fea601_6406_4fc9_a172_3f55a77d9ad3_192.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,569
You need the wire connected which is basically the electric aerial. It uses that to tell the amp to turn on/off when the ignition is powered up. A lot of the leads which you get to do the connections don't have that connected. Simply work out which it is, put a small wire in place, and away you go.....

Thank you, I'll connect this black/red to the P.cont and hopefully the car will be full of bass and not smoke!!!

Awesome, works a treat. Thank you very much.

I now have the Alarm circuit open on the stereo as something isn't earthed. Looking at the 996 it's a wire on the side but no such thing on the 997. Any clues? Thanks again!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevemias
Back