Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Help: Car not reversing properly.

Hi Demort I have spoken to good mate who is a top spanner man he's agree with you the linings actually separate from metal part of the shoe he's seen it a couple of times :thumb:

mzmini said:
Hi Demort I have spoken to good mate who is a top spanner man he's agree with you the linings actually separate from metal part of the shoe he's seen it a couple of times :thumb:

Excellent .. cheers Chris .. i do like to find out the reasons for things breaking if i can .. anything that can help people is always worth finding out .

Morale of the story is dont put your car away for the night with wet brakes Gentlemens :D

well it was the shoes, completely split and hard up against the discs.

new set of pagids ordered from the proverbial Eurocarparts and the usual 35% off... :)

the wheel bolts don't look too clever though, ever seen this corrosion and de laminating surface?

Attachments

• shoes_736.jpg
    shoes_736.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 3,647
  • wheelbolts_169.jpg
    wheelbolts_169.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 3,647
Have i seen it ? OH yes , pretty common and it can be a lot worse than the picture of yours .

If theres just a few bits falling off from the outside then its ok but if serious corrosion then a new set of bolts is required .

Your lock nut for instance then i would recomend changing it .

These days they come in black from porsche and you dont grease the threads on the black ones .. they are also a higher torque .. 118 ft lb springs to mind but its listed with the wheel bolts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R6demon
Back