Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Step front Alfa Guilia

ChrisT70

I'm currently in love (again) with a classic step front Alfa 105. Preferably fast road modified and decent power.
https://www.alfaholics.com/our-cars...r-project-270/alfaholics-gta-r-290-completed/

https://www.alfaholics.com/articles/chris-harris-drives-alfaholics-gta-r-290/

That video sums it up for me. Out of budget at £190k but you can create something yourself for about 50k I reckon..

Classic beautiful car with modern power brakes and handling perhaps but no modern crap inside as such. An Italian Singer
:thumb:

Beautiful :thumb:

I`m having the same sort of thoughts after returning from the Goodwood Revival last weekend, so many gorgeous cars out on track it would be rude not to have something classic in the fleet :grin:

Italian experience is a great one to have despite any remarks about unreliability, brittleness, astronomic maintenance bills etc. banded around in pub room chats by non owner of these marques.

A local branch of Alfa Owners Club meets at the Cheshire venue of TIPEC.
Some stunning cars at AROC meet.

kurlykris said:
Beautiful :thumb:

I`m having the same sort of thoughts after returning from the Goodwood Revival last weekend, so many gorgeous cars out on track it would be rude not to have something classic in the fleet :grin:

Kris,
Don't forget about a 914. Very reasonable price and a wealth of info on here :grin:

I've driven both the QF (which is stunning) and a 1972 GTV 105 which wasn't tweaked. I now need to drive one of the alfaholics cars!!

Just sharing some Alfa love. 8)

36845241145_6934e8f876_b.jpg

36498274031_1409edf764_b.jpg

36589599746_603afa65fd_b.jpg

Those pics remind me of growing up in Italy where these cars were a dime a dozen. The 60/70's Italian cars hold a special spot within me. Just stunning

Fabulous car, it looks like a riot the way Harris hooned it around the track.

I love it, though if I had 190K I don't think I would be buying it.

Also...

Why did they put a Leyland DAF HGV gear shifter in it. I think that is the biggest knob in the car (excluding Harris)?

Yeah , I agree ...I've been looking at these for awhile especially after TP put his up on here ....!

Absolutely classic style but .... pretty pricey these days !!!!

There are plenty of faster cars but the lightness of the controls and the smooth sweet ride make this one of my favourite. It also gets the most positive comments from people when they see it, always a genuine appreciation for the styling. I love just looking at it.

34471064396_849b29b40c_b.jpg

33586243142_71a24bb735_b.jpg

tp81 said:
There are plenty of faster cars but the lightness of the controls and the smooth sweet ride make this one of my favourite. It also gets the most positive comments from people when they see it, always a genuine appreciation for the styling. I love just looking at it.

34471064396_849b29b40c_b.jpg

33586243142_71a24bb735_b.jpg

That's beautiful. Timeless lines. I'm off on a 5 hr drive to Exeter next weekend to view one that's just been restored from a bare shell. Had a lot of money spent.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davey2233
Back