Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Desirable spec....?

Would you all agree am safe buying a 997.1 from a garage that gives 12 months warranty like RSJ or 911virgin ???

Have you read the terms of rsj' borescoring warranty?

AT RSJ WE HAVE PORSCHE FACTORY TRAINED TECHNICIANS INSPECTING OUR CARS ON SITE BEFORE WE BUY THEM.

They do the same check as a main dealer would do when they buy a car.
Any faults found are rectified on the car before we sell it.
Because of this buying process and subsequent preparation,
RSJ are happy to give a 1 year in house warranty on all Porsches sold.

WE COVER EVERYTHING FOR THE FIRST 3 MONTHS UP TO 3,000 MILES
(WHICHEVER COMES FIRST).
No excess or contribution from the customer.

FOR THE NEXT 3 MONTHS FROM 3,000 MILES TO 5,000 MILES
(WHICHEVER COMES FIRST).
WE COVER GEARBOX AND ENGINE INTERNAL FAILURE
(INCLUDING BORE SCORING)
FOR PARTS & LABOUR. THERE IS NO CONTRIBUTION OR EXCESS TO THE CUSTOMER.

For the next 6 months from 5,000 to 10,000 miles
(WHICHEVER COMES FIRST).
WE COVER GEARBOX AND ENGINE INTERNAL FAILURE
(INCLUDING BORE SCORING).
This period is for labour only.
All parts will be paid for by the customer with a max liability of £3,000.
The total warranty is for 12 months with a maximum mileage limit of 10,000 miles from collection.
Mileage intervals shown above are calculated from point of collection.

Reads ok so no worrys for repair costs till 5k done or 6 months, then parts only.

I'd seen this and still waited for a hartech but what do you think???

resigner said:
Bose is almost pointless, just gives you a sub, don't get hung up on Bose.

Sports Chrono, for those who say it's pointless on a manual, it really really really isn't. It's great for when you want to push along and makes it much more responsive to the throttle response etc.

For me the key is why do you want a C4S? Have you driven both C4S and C2S? When I took a C4S out it was noticeably heavier and less chuckable.

Agree Bose is pointless, Sports Chrono great, I had a 991.1 C2S and also a 991.2 Targa 4S and I couldn't notice the difference between the two on normal driving which is all I do.

On a manual car you can get the sports button retrofitted or the engine map applied afterwards if you want. I really don't think it should be a deal-breaker on a manual car which is fully loaded in every other way. A sports exhaust is way more desirable IMO. If you don't want the map applied you could go for some induction mods instead.

I didn't mind not having chrono, from my understanding it does:

1) Increase throttle sensitivity
2) Turns on active dampers
3) Relaxs the activation of the traction control.
4) Stopwatch

Number one can be overcome with a sprint booster or mapping, active dampers are far too firm for a British country lane as you skip all over and finally I do not want any part of the traction control turning down or off.

If the car was used on a track then you can make the massive effort and turn on the active dampers with one button then right next to it you can turn off the traction, which I still wouldn't do even on a track.

Sports chrono is a cool option, The lap timer may be greatly useless, but its still cool. lol.

You can switch the dampers to soft even when sports plus is pressed, So you have the tighter throttle response, higher rev limit and decreased traction control still to play with. The gear change in PDK is harsher and a lot more sporty.

Traction control is still there and doesn't let the party get too out of hand. It's definitely too intrusive in normal setting, But they're still under 400hp and 295 tyres, It not gonna spin the wheels up if you're being sensible.

Sports chrono is not an engine map, its a drive by wire throttle potentiometer map. You just get WOT with less movement of the pedal. It makes it feel a bit more lively but actually gives you less fine control over the throttle

Its a gimmick on a manual car. The pdk shift pattern stuff is worth having on a pdk car though

Bose is fantastic

Just goes to show there is no desirable spec for everyone, we all like different things

pcat said:
Sports chrono is not an engine map, its a drive by wire throttle potentiometer map. You just get WOT with less movement of the pedal. It makes it feel a bit more lively but actually gives you less fine control over the throttle

Its a gimmick on a manual car. The pdk shift pattern stuff is worth having on a pdk car though

Bose is fantastic

Just goes to show there is no desirable spec for everyone, we all like different things

Ah so even more useless on a manual car than I thought! I tend not to have too many problems achieving WOT very rapidly!

pcat said:

Bose is fantastic

Exactly.

I like the look of it, overall. But it's definitely tailored more to a PDK car, Sport and sport plus set the gearbox up differently. i'd agree it's pretty useless on a manual .

pcat said:
resigner said:
pcat said:
Chrono is pretty pointless on a manual car

If you think this is the case, you don't drive properly. Completely changes the feel of the car when driving harder down B roads, makes it so much more responsive. I should know, I have a Manual C2S with Sports Chrono.......

Turn it on, turn PASM back off, lovely. I do occasionally leave PASM on, but on a bumpy B road it isn't good.

Hmmm, ok, i wont respond in kind to your rather unnecessary slight upon my driving abilities, but name a track of your choosing

I can live without the DBW throttle sensitivity trick and the other gimmicks, they add nothing to a manual car. If i had a PDK sport plus would be essential, with a manual, it's software trickery and nothing more

And yet it makes the car feel completely different, more responsive, and you're rather ill informed assertation that it doesn't is ill informed, and also misleading, so I felt the need to set the record straight. If you don't or didn't feel the difference, that's your problem, but don't mislead people.

resigner said:
pcat said:
resigner said:
pcat said:
Chrono is pretty pointless on a manual car

If you think this is the case, you don't drive properly. Completely changes the feel of the car when driving harder down B roads, makes it so much more responsive. I should know, I have a Manual C2S with Sports Chrono.......

Turn it on, turn PASM back off, lovely. I do occasionally leave PASM on, but on a bumpy B road it isn't good.

Hmmm, ok, i wont respond in kind to your rather unnecessary slight upon my driving abilities, but name a track of your choosing

I can live without the DBW throttle sensitivity trick and the other gimmicks, they add nothing to a manual car. If i had a PDK sport plus would be essential, with a manual, it's software trickery and nothing more

And yet it makes the car feel completely different, more responsive, and you're rather ill informed assertation that it doesn't is ill informed, and also misleading, so I felt the need to set the record straight. If you don't or didn't feel the difference, that's your problem, but don't mislead people.

I can feel the difference, but i dont like it. BMW M used to do the same thing with "sport" buttons, but they stopped after their test drivers complained that it limited fine throttle control

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Milno
Back