Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My 997 3.8s

:floor: :floor: Aha so your used to the slippery slope. thing with the 911 there's nothing at all wrong with the car in its stock form but if your the type of person that likes to personalise then no matter what you have you will be trying to tweak it and improve on it . and Like VDubs these cars lend themselves very well to tweaking . :thumb: :thumb:

Slope it's like a vertical drop!

Then there's the mk1 golf 20v turbo highly modified.

Attachments

• img_4769_201.jpg
    img_4769_201.jpg
    521 KB · Views: 3,087
I agree though out of the box the 911 is a very good package, the modifications ive planned are nothing really.

The bmc and intake pipe for better induction noise.
Spacers for better wheel stance.
Gundo for a more sporty note.
Leds for safety lol but more modern look.
Front splitter for more aggressive chin.

But nothing major on the list really.

Unless the lowering springs offered better performance over the stock springs I'm going to try keep the suspension standard.

I like these wheels as not as many people had them but I do like aftermarket wheels.

toffeeman said:
daz parker said:
toffeeman said:
daz parker said:
Cancelled the bmc air filter from euro incase it's wrong.

Daz, go onto the BMC website and find the BMC part number for your car/filter. Use this number as your reference point when searching for the cheapest filter online. Don't rely on stock photos as they don't always align. I always go by stock numbers and I've never been sent the wrong item yet.

I'm assuming this is yours, 2007 997 C2S?

http://www.bmcairfilters.com/eng/car-filters/fb468-20/608/art

That still shows the filter as a rectangle?

I've not taken the current one out to check the shape or size.

I think ECP have listed the wrong filter. If you Google their part number (909330071 - link below) it brings you to their eBay listing which is for a FB195/01 filter. Yours should be a FB468/20 according to the BMC website. I'd get one from somewhere else unless you can talk to ECP to confirm the BMC number. It's a pain that the BMC part number is not mentioned on the ECP website.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMC-FB195...734386?hash=item4d63da5372:g:C38AAOSw6AlZxMUS

I know I am a little late to this post but the info may be useful to someone!! I also tried to buy a BMC filter from ECP but ended up with the rectangular (incorrect) shape. The guy in the shop was very helpful however and advised that if I buy P/N 909330081 instead of 909330071 then I will get what I want.

Sure enough, if you put that number into the search box on ECP website you will see the correct filter.

What is annoying though is the rectangular filter can be discounted using any of ECP's promotion codes, whereas the other one can't as it is classed as a performance part, all of which are excluded from the promotions :?: :?:

jpsh120 said:
toffeeman said:
daz parker said:
toffeeman said:
daz parker said:
Cancelled the bmc air filter from euro incase it's wrong.

Daz, go onto the BMC website and find the BMC part number for your car/filter. Use this number as your reference point when searching for the cheapest filter online. Don't rely on stock photos as they don't always align. I always go by stock numbers and I've never been sent the wrong item yet.

I'm assuming this is yours, 2007 997 C2S?

http://www.bmcairfilters.com/eng/car-filters/fb468-20/608/art

That still shows the filter as a rectangle?

I've not taken the current one out to check the shape or size.

I think ECP have listed the wrong filter. If you Google their part number (909330071 - link below) it brings you to their eBay listing which is for a FB195/01 filter. Yours should be a FB468/20 according to the BMC website. I'd get one from somewhere else unless you can talk to ECP to confirm the BMC number. It's a pain that the BMC part number is not mentioned on the ECP website.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMC-FB195...734386?hash=item4d63da5372:g:C38AAOSw6AlZxMUS

I know I am a little late to this post but the info may be useful to someone!! I also tried to buy a BMC filter from ECP but ended up with the rectangular (incorrect) shape. The guy in the shop was very helpful however and advised that if I buy P/N 909330081 instead of 909330071 then I will get what I want.

Sure enough, if you put that number into the search box on ECP website you will see the correct filter.

What is annoying though is the rectangular filter can be discounted using any of ECP's promotion codes, whereas the other one can't as it is classed as a performance part, all of which are excluded from the promotions :?: :?:

I explained all this when I cancelled my order but they had no interested.

I ordered the right one from eBay which happened to be Euro car parts but cheaper than euros own website!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R6demon
Back