Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Does my Panamera Diesel need PDK oil change?

Techart996

hi i have a question regarding the 2012 Panamera Diesel PDK box, iv been reading alot about other cars with PDK gearboxes requiring oil changes around 60k or 6 years old, and as my cars slightly over that now i called my local OPC who told me the Diesel models don't require the PDK oil change, only Petrol models do. but iv seen some indys Panamera service guides state they actually do require the PDK oil change.. can someone please shed some light on whats actually going on as im quite confused lol. thanks in advance. :?:

Im not 100 % on this but i thought the interval was ..

PDK transmission: change oil
Every 90,000 km or every 6 years

Its 6 years on sports cars upto 2014 when it changed to 12 years .. i have no idear why that is though , maybe Porsche realised it doesnt need changeing at 6 :dont know:

An OPC should be able to give the correct info though , hell if anyone can then its them .. perhaps phone a different OPC and confirm it .

Diesel / Petrol .. i dont see the difference there .. the gearbox is the same .

Thanks for the reply, I thought too Petrol or diesel shouldent matter, but I i gave my vin number to my OPC who confirmed it doesn't need doing so I'm hoping to find someone on here who might have had it done to a diesel.

I thought at 6 years you changed the PDK CLUTCH fluid
then 10 years the gearbox?

though I am talking about 2 door cars

I'm probably mistaken, so I'll apologise in advance. But I thought that Panamera diesels of that era were all tiptronic not PDK.

As I say, I maybe wrong.

Well the OPC who gave you the advice was wrong.

The Panamera Hybrid and Diesel models have the 8 speed automatic box. The rest have the 7 speed PDK.

For the auto transmission the service schedule is 150000 miles. IMO you would be better doing it sooner, but that is the Porsche schedule.

On the PDK, it is the same as other PDK boxes
- 6 years or 60000 for the clutch fluid
- 12 years of 120000 for the gearbox oil.

Ken

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back