Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

13 years of 993 ownership in numbers (revised 01 Nov 2017)

Kat1 said:
I estimate that it would have taken an experienced 993 mechanic some 160 hrs to fit these parts. It took me longer!

Thanks for the reply. Again, hats off to you.

What a great post.

BUT........

to finish it off and upset some :grin:

What did you pay for it and what is it worth now ?

ps you cannot borrow my rose tinted glasses, Zingari is trying them on (I know they won't fit but he insisted)

To all you Northerners who pay less labour charges than us Southerners:

We get to drive our cars more in the sun :D

Kimbo said:
To all you Northerners who pay less labour charges than us Southerners:

We get to drive our cars more in the sun :D

But we don't get stuck in traffic and live in the 4k+ rpm zone. ;)

C.

Great post Kevin, I love the fact you have got stuck in and maintained the car yourself hats off to you.

'Cost of modifications to standard specification:- £15.00 - Replace cassette storage with a tray.'

I do think you've skimped on mods though :grin:

I think you should quadruple the mod spend and fit an engine tidy strip :thumb:

jonttt said:

I paid £2............... Hang on I see what is happening - your are trying to turn this into a valuation thread to improve the number of views - you nearly got me!

I tend to deal in facts, not speculation, and there are many more qualified on this forum to speculate on the value than I am.

Fatboy74 said:
fit an engine tidy strip

Hi James - I am not sure that I could work out how to do it!

My only other mod has a Porsche part no - Is there one for this strip?

We need to meet up soon.

Kat1 said:
jonttt said:

I paid £2............... Hang on I see what is happening - your are trying to turn this into a valuation thread to improve the number of views - you nearly got me!

I tend to deal in facts, not speculation, and there are many more qualified on this forum to speculate on the value than I am.

OK just what you paid then as that's a fact.

I'll then consult with Zingari on what it's worth :judge:

Some revised numbers to reflect the now 13 years of ownership of my 1995 Adventura C4 993 on the anniversary of my original post.

The mileage is down this year as I bought another car. Most of this years mileage was done on the excellent Fast Track tour of France and at a couple of gentle track days.

The majority of the work I carried out this year have been of a preventative nature - Voltage regulator, Alternator hub bearing and front suspension drop link.

The only "failure" has been the cover in front of the alternator housing.

I am unable to find a way of posting a spread sheet or a table so have tried a photo. If there is a way let me know.

irmV1wY.jpg

I reiterate that 993 ownership is definitely not about numbers but it is always nice to know.

Nice one Kev.
If you charge James £0.00 per hour, labour, I will be round with my car in the Spring. :floor:

Interesting post and like others have said hats off to you Kat for doing all that work !

I could do a spannerphobic's comparison for the last 14 years but as far as I'm concerned as to any intention of adding up my stack of invoices ignorance is bliss!! :grin:

Kat1 said:
jonttt said:

:floor:

Keep it real chum :thumb: Although looking at the spend since you've had it you've put some dough into it proving the point you can't run these cars on a shoestring :hand:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gpc
Back