Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 Wiper Blades

Helsinki Paul said:
The result is the same see below.
Complete set back and front cost me €84! :evil:

I just checked my invoice. The part number is the same as yours Helsinki Paul but the wiper is definitely different. It has an extra linkage and follows the curve of the screen. I bought mine in 2007 maybe they are all the same now.

I paid about £26.

pp

I just replaced my wipers with PIAAs...

I found it quiet difficult to find the right ones... size and curved/straight.

The PIAA UK Site recommends the wrong sizes 22". The US PIAA site does a better job explaining the differences and recommends

Driver Side 18"
Passenger Side 15"
Back N/A

But still not sure if any should be curved or all straight are fine.

http://www.piaa.com/controller.php?action=getWipers&make=PORSCHE&model=1631

I chose the following based on the size of the existing wipers I was replacing which seemed to work well so I figured still with same sizes.

17" Driver Side
16" Passenger Side
15" Back

So here is what I found when installing them.

Back Wiper
For the back wiper the clips supplied are compatible with the wiper arm, and the PIAA wiper does not fit using the exiting clip from the existing wiper... so what you can do is remove the rubber blade from the exiting wiper and replace it with the rubber blade from the PIAA wiper... 15" is the right size and all works well.. If you can buy just the rubber blade instead of a full 15" PIAA wiper you will save your self some cash.. but I have not see where you can buy just the rubber blade part.

Front Wipers
Firstly the instructions recommend using clip C3 for Porsche... but you should use C1 the smaller clip.

Drivers Side.
17" seems to work perfectly, except for the overhang at resting position. This makes me wonder if curved rather than straight might be better choice for the Driver Side... not sure if any one has tried that version. The suggested 18" might also work.. but my 17" wiper seems to go right to the top of the screen so I'd be concerned that the 18" is too long???

Passenger Side
16" are a little too long... it wipes over the rubber at the top of the windscreen by a half and inch, which you wouldn't think would be a big problem but what it does is affects the half an inch of the rubber blade so it leaves a slight trail of water. I reckon this would not happen with 15" blades.

Pics below of what I found

Attachments

• existing_blade_590.jpg
    existing_blade_590.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 19,201
  • top_476.jpg
    top_476.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 19,201
  • water_trail_415.jpg
    water_trail_415.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 19,201
  • clips_142.jpg
    clips_142.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 19,201
  • piaa_blade_789.jpg
    piaa_blade_789.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 19,201
I paid about £26.

pp[/quote]

:sad:

And made in Belgium too!

Just wondering if anyone has tried the CURVED PIAA wipers, especially the driver side one? Are they sitting nicer on the screen?

Help. Trying to install the piaa wipers but can't seem to get them to fit on my wiper arms.

Tried the c1 clip as above but when I put it over the arm, the clip gets wide and then won't click onto the blade. :dont know:

Looks like PIAA.co.uk have listened, they now recommend 18"/15" at front.

Driver's Side 450mm / 18" Size 7 / U-Hook
Passenger's Side 380mm / 15" Size 4 / U-Hook

Tobesetc said:
Looks like PIAA.co.uk have listened, they now recommend 18"/15" at front.

Driver's Side 450mm / 18" Size 7 / U-Hook
Passenger's Side 380mm / 15" Size 4 / U-Hook

Just checked the PIAA website, and the recommended blades are now shown as 18" and 16".

Anyone fitted these sizes recently? What's the latest thinking in 993 blades? I need to order a set with all the rain we've had today!

Drove from London to Cornwall yesterday in that grim weather

The blades on the 993 have always been crap

However they do these curved ones these days and I imagine they may be a little better, not tried them yet??

Also I recommend use of Rain X on a regular basis

I thought the wiper blades on a 993 are only used once a year - as part of the MOT :whistle:

Thought they are just for decoration purposes? Who would drive a 993 in rain? :lol:

Just fitted a set of conventional Bosch blades set 472. 16" & 18".

Almost forgot to remove and transfer the widget from the old blade. Had to retrieve the blade from the bin.

Blades look & work fine.

993 wiper blades

mine make a terrible noise when in use .is it because I still have the original screen ?

Thread revival again. I've just been on the PIAA website and they don't give the option for the 993. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to where to order the above?

Kind regards,

Baz

I need some blades, so I asked PIAA. They said: We do not offer the blades for your model as it requires a curved blade on the passengers side and we no longer have a curved blade range.

I may be out on a limb here but I really don't like Silicon blades or Rain-ex. I have PIAA on the 944 and they smear like hell, horrible to drive at night. Bosche on the 993 and it's fine. I do use rain-ex on the rear screen (no wiper) and I don't use silicon wax on the car just good old Zymol.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back