Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Help ..... arrrrggghhhh

911DG

Spa-Francorchamps
Hi guys

So my 3 year old decided to plough one of his toy cars along my 911 this morning. Apart from losing my ***** now I've calmed down I need to get them buffed out. They look BAD here but thy are not to deep and should T-Cut out.

Was about to buy some on Amazon but thought someone on here will know what to get ! :thumb:

It's a black - if that makes a difference.. thanks guys. Help Please !!!

Dan :sad: :sad: :sad:

Attachments

• img_4670_192.jpg
    img_4670_192.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 3,207
Dan , kids who would have them :floor: mate my thoughts are yes your right they look like they will come out but I would be taking it to a proper auto detailer or your areas porsche approved bodyshop as they will mop it out but better for them to machine out properly, otherwise if your not careful you will end up with lots of smaller swirls etc trying to hand mop black paintwork. :thumb: :thumb:

When my boy was liitle i upgraded our TV to a new fangled LCD at great expense. He somehow got a pair of scissors and decided to draw pictures on it with them

Just to see what would happen

Ps - a decent speed adjustable machine polisher and some g tec nano polish will have that gone in no time, no need to take it to a pro

pcat said:
Ps - a decent speed adjustable machine polisher and some g tec nano polish will have that gone in no time, no need to take it to a pro

Cheers - i was thinking the same. A pro is an option but ..... ya know, its booking it in, getting it there, time sitting around and never mind $$$.

I was looking at something like this - with maybe a buffing machine - as it probably WONT be the last time.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004SND2XW/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&psc=1

pcat said:
When my boy was liitle i upgraded our TV to a new fangled LCD at great expense. He somehow got a pair of scissors and decided to draw pictures on it with them

Just to see what would happen

Hmmm - man thats bad, not much fixing that either i guess.
...... that was NOT the start to the Sunday i was looking forward to! :wall: :wall: :wall:

911DG said:
pcat said:

Cheers - i was thinking the same. A pro is an option but ..... ya know, its booking it in, getting it there, time sitting around and never mind $$$.

I was looking at something like this - with maybe a buffing machine - as it probably WONT be the last time.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004SND2XW/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&psc=1

I have a Silverline sander/polisher, use the wool pad on a low rpm setting with a good polish and you really cant screw it up. Horror stories are all people with high abrasive cutting compounds on high rpm

With light scratches its not complicated

My music teacher's young son offered to clean her car for her. He used a brillo pad on the bonnet as it was very dirty........... Luckily it was an old Cortina, not a Porsche and from then on it had a distinctive matt bonnet.

Britemax black max polish if applying by hand.

That's what my detailer recommended for me after a football bounced off the bonnet.

https://www.shopnshine.co.uk/britemax-black-max

If you're anywhere near Derby you can have some of mine.

I would get a pro to machine polish it though, will be less than £50.

Where are you based mate ? I have a top end d.a.polisher and all the compounds you would need to sort this.

I'm S81 postcode, near Worksop

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back