Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

JLR Disco Sport worse car ever?BMW/Audi dealers worse still!

Blimey - what a thread!!

I must be one of the luckiest LR owners on the planet.

Wife's Disco Sport is a year old now and has been faultless (except for the recent puncture). The new ingenium engine is miles ahead of the Freelander for refinement but not much better fuel economy wise.

We've had a Freelander 2 from new and after 7 years and 70,000 miles the only faults have been a failed battery and turbo hose.

In fact my old Freelander V6 was a great car except for the fact that you could never better 20mpg and it only had a 10 gallon fuel tank. I was having to fill up every 5 days.

JLR

Had a RR Sport, reliable but very ordinary build quality, also had a couple of freelanders - both reliable. Currently got an XC90, very dull but does it's job perfectly and need 7 seats as have 4 kids and far better value than JLR or German products;

current
997cs cab (waiting delivery)
xc90
golf

previous:
S4 avany
E350 cab
RRspt
330ci cab
Z3 3.0
Freelanders
205GTi's
Uno Turbo

Don't do your dough :what: You sure the Q5 has enough street cred for the mean streets of Cheshire :dont know:

I reckon during my morning coffee in Alderley I counted 30+ RR of varying types in 2hrs :eek: Only one Evoque so that must tell you something.

The motoring 'paps' see them as an eyesore like when you used to get a 'hair in the gate' of your old SLR :nooo:

Zingari said:
Don't do your dough :what: You sure the Q5 has enough street cred for the mean streets of Cheshire :dont know:

I reckon during my morning coffee in Alderley I counted 30+ RR of varying types in 2hrs :eek: Only one Evoque so that must tell you something.

The motoring 'paps' see them as an eyesore like when you used to get a 'hair in the gate' of your old SLR :nooo:

The evoque is minging. While the heap was in the delaers Mrs Sponge had an evoque as the loan car (booked 6 weeks in advance!) The salesman said these are really good on fuel madam' Yep it averaged 31??!! :eek: :?: Good for JLR I suppose.

Q5 is the way to go. Gentlemens club v JLR 'Rovers return interior' and its 'boxy' (this is apprently a good thing) Audis top seller worlwide. Real world consumption mid 40's, smart interior, plenty of aluminium panels with 190 BHP from the basic 2.0 TDI, no silly styling shaping outside, just good old Audi style.

I can see the logic but look at this way Mrs Sponge will find something else to whinge about if the Audi will be so good. At the moment you've got a useful means of keeping her occupied but your fireproof :thumb: Unless of course you get the blame for suggesting she bought one in the first place :roll:

Zingari said:
I can see the logic but look at this way Mrs Sponge will find something else to whinge about if the Audi will be so good. At the moment you've got a useful means of keeping her occupied but your fireproof :thumb: Unless of course you get the blame for suggesting she bought one in the first place :roll:

I encouraged her to buy the Austin Rover :sad: . Im trying to be more nuetral with the X1 v Q5 debate. Shes at Halliwell Jones Wilmslow now test driving the X1 :thumb: Manchester Audi have come back with a good price for a new Q5. Monday morning they all come alive....

Q5 - manual or auto?

VAG auto boxes have been known to have a few 'issues'.....

mikeluke said:
Q5 - manual or auto?

VAG auto boxes have been known to have a few 'issues'.....

They dont do a manual anymore :thumb: The new 7 speed is a peach. Brand new box recently out.

DSG is the future. Tiptronic are so 1990s. Unless an auto box was PDK/DSG/CVT I wouldn't touch the others as there are too many gears in them for me. They're up and down like a fiddler's elbow and was the main reason I sold the Cayenne :roll:

I was looking at the last of the Defender with that newish diesel engine in it. :eek: But the prices of them!

Some of you should go and have a look at a Lexus dealership. There's a new 7 seat RX coming out next year sometime, along with a small 4 x 4. My daily is an NX hybrid, and I love it. Saw a new RR sport on an AA flatbed this morning, some poor sod had wasted his hard earned on a cr*p product.

Shurv said:
Some of you should go and have a look at a Lexus dealership. There's a new 7 seat RX coming out next year sometime, along with a small 4 x 4. My daily is an NX hybrid, and I love it. Saw a new RR sport on an AA flatbed this morning, some poor sod had wasted his hard earned on a cr*p product.

I thought of some sort of hybrid ill be honest. But then thought sod it theres a few years left in a diesel yet, nowadys the big engined diesel autos are so nice. Oils back up to 60 $ a barrel, I need to do everything possible to push it up more :grin:

spongebob squarepants said:
Zingari said:

The evoque is minging. While the heap was in the delaers Mrs Sponge had an evoque as the loan car (booked 6 weeks in advance!) The salesman said these are really good on fuel madam' Yep it averaged 31??!! :eek: :?: Good for JLR I suppose.

Q5 is the way to go. Gentlemens club v JLR 'Rovers return interior' and its 'boxy' (this is apprently a good thing) Audis top seller worlwide. Real world consumption mid 40's, smart interior, plenty of aluminium panels with 190 BHP from the basic 2.0 TDI, no silly styling shaping outside, just good old Audi style.

When I was changing Little SWMBO pram I looked at the Q5's but the new model had not quite come out yet and did not want the "old shape". The new active display (ala FFRR :floor: ) is a great improvement, soon all cars will have these instead of dials, much more versitile. In the end we got an Evoque but I would only entertain a fully loaded autobigraphy plus the advantage of good contacts and >25% discount and low finance. First time I've bought a car on finance for a long time but the deal was just stupid to put cash into it, even got them down to £0 deposit. They don't sell many autobiographies :eek: as its a £60k+ car loaded up. Still we have had it 7 months now with no problems :roll: but it has only done 2,000 miles :wack:

Had a good look at a new SQ5 last week and was impressed (did not drive it) and I think I would have got one of those instead of the evoque but probably would have cost me more as presumably I would not get anywhere near the discounts I got from RR.

ps Mrs managed to use the pre warm app timer on the car this morning, put me back in the good books after a late night last night :worship: .... I asked her if she used the heated steering wheel...... "its got a heated steering wheel"? :frustrated:

jonttt said:
spongebob squarepants said:
Zingari said:

When I was changing Little SWMBO pram I looked at the Q5's but the new model had not quite come out yet and did not want the "old shape". The new active display (ala FFRR :floor: ) is a great improvement, soon all cars will have these instead of dials, much more versitile. In the end we got an Evoque but I would only entertain a fully loaded autobigraphy plus the advantage of good contacts and >25% discount and low finance. First time I've bought a car on finance for a long time but the deal was just stupid to put cash into it, even got them down to £0 deposit. They don't sell many autobiographies :eek: as its a £60k+ car loaded up. Still we have had it 7 months now with no problems :roll: but it has only done 2,000 miles :wack:

Had a good look at a new SQ5 last week and was impressed (did not drive it) and I think I would have got one of those instead of the evoque but probably would have cost me more as presumably I would not get anywhere near the discounts I got from RR.

ps Mrs managed to use the pre warm app timer on the car this morning, put me back in the good books after a late night last night :worship: .... I asked her if she used the heated steering wheel...... "its got a heated steering wheel"? :frustrated:

There doing 7.9% discount (Manchester Audi) Cant sem to get more than that off anywhere. That SQ engine is really sweet, bet its a cracker, trouble is even the 190 BHP Sport TDI with a decent spec and the virtual cockpit is North of 40K, thats alot new for a small SUV and presumably will push them into the extra tax bracket?

your coming at it all wrong get her a pick up truck,leather,heated seats and for the female species a reversing camera had my Navara two years and never missed a beat it will encourage her to cut the grass ,hedge and take the clippings to the tip its a win win :D

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mchass
Back