Welcome to 911UK
The only place for Porsche, 911uk is the definitive enthusiast and resource site for the Porsche 911.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so join up today for full access to the site and benefit from latest member offers.

Porsche Classifieds
Sell Your Porsche on 911uk
Create a Free Classified Advert
Search Ads
Classified Adverts FAQ
Trade Classified Information
Buyer & Seller Fraud Protection
Consumer Rights Act
Pre Purchase Inspection (PPI)
Porsche Car Sourcing
Porsche Cars Wanted
Official Porsche Centre Reviews
Model
Stock
Porsche 911
992 : 2019- 0
991 : 2011- 24
997 : 2004- 65
996 : 1997-2005 35
993 : 1993-1998 4
964 : 1989-1993 1
Carrera 3.2 : 1983-1989 2
Carrera SC : 1977-1983 2
930 Turbo : 1975-1989 1
Early 911 : 1964-1977 1
Porsche Other Models
Classic : 1950-1965 0
Boxster : 1997- 30
Cayman : 2005- 21
Cayenne : 2003- 6
Macan : 2014- 5
Panamera : 2009- 0
912-914-924-928-944-968 1
959 - CarreraGT - RaceCar 0
Car Parts For Sale & Wanted
Other Items For Sale & Wanted
Wheels Tyres For Sale & Wanted
Number Plates For Sale Wanted

Porsche Services
Porsche Body Shop Repair
Paint Protection & Wrapping
Porsche Classic Insurance
Porsche Classic Parts
Porsche Classic Restoration
Porsche Design Collection
Porsche Engine Gearbox Rebuild
Porsche Heritage & History
Porsche News
Porsche Picture Gallery
Win a New Porsche 911

Porsche Parts
Body Parts, Body Styling
Brakes, Clearance
Electrical, Exhausts
Engine Cooling, Engine Electrical
Engine Rebuild, Heating Cooling
Interior Incar, Lighting
Rubber Seals, Service Parts
Steering, Suspension
Transmission, Workshop Tools
Early 911, 911 - 930, 928 - 968
964 - 993, 996 - 997, Boxster
Cayman, Cayenne, Panamera

Porsche Model Range
911 [992] 2018-Current
Porsche 911 [992]
911 [991] 2011-2019
Porsche 911 [991]
911 [997] 2004-2012
Porsche 911 [997]
911 [GT] GT1-GT2-GT3
Porsche 911 [GT]
911 [996] 1997-2005
Porsche 911 [996]
911 [993] 1993-1998
Porsche 911 [993]
911 [RS] RS-RSR
Porsche 911 [RS]
911 [964] 1989-1993
Porsche 911 [964]
911 3.2 1983-1989
Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera
911 SC 1977-1983
Porsche 911 SC
911 [Early] 1964-1977
Porsche 911 [Early]
Boxster & Cayman
Porsche Boxster & Cayman
Cayenne & Panamera
Porsche Cayenne & Panamera

911uk Site Partners

jonttt
Long Beach

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In other shocking news another mate of mine who works as a sales agent at RR (long term tenant who has become a friend) informed me he is starting work as the franchise manager for Kia in Southport. He was fed up with paying the BIK on his company RR sport and dealing with complaints Surprised
2017 BMW 740 Msport
2017 RR Evoque Autobiography

tim993
Zolder

2016 Porsche Boxster 981

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spongebob squarepants wrote:
lofi wrote:
Oil diluted with?

Fuel.

Starter for 10 https://www.discosportforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=6190&f=12#p69157

Explains a lot, this thing was asking for a service after literally 3 weeks. Same with topping up the adblue. I hate it more by the day

How much AdBlue have you had to use? I'm curious to see how it compares to the X5.

1995 993 turbo

spongebob squarepants
Long Beach

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No idea on actual quantity, its Mrs Sponges car, had it over a year its been in for top up 4-5 times. Is this normal for Ad blue on a modern diesel?

Yellow + red = Orange

tim993
Zolder

2016 Porsche Boxster 981

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure what normal is really. We put 10litres in the Mrs' X5 last week. That's for about 13k miles over 19 months. I believe the tank holds 15litres. The warning light came on the day I bought a container of the stuff - a complete coincidence as I was starting to worry that we had never topped it up.

1995 993 turbo

spongebob squarepants
Long Beach

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tim993 wrote:
Not sure what normal is really. We put 10litres in the Mrs' X5 last week. That's for about 13k miles over 19 months. I believe the tank holds 15litres. The warning light came on the day I bought a container of the stuff - a complete coincidence as I was starting to worry that we had never topped it up.

Mrs Sponge drives to the dealers. Its probably going into the wrong hole otherwise Floor At least the JLR dealers are good for something, along with supplies of sweets and assorted drinks.

Talking of which BMW dealers OMFG!!! Hard work!! Save for one through car wow whos been okish, the others are horrendous so far.

We just want the cheapest price (thats 9.7% off basically!) Dont want the paint protection! Dont want the run flats! Front camera?! no!. Expensive gap protection no no and no.

And Please just a PX price would be good! Oh you cant give discounts out over the phone or px prices?! Ive told you the Austin Rover is unmarked, low mileage, FLSH. Just give me your shite px price for gods sake! werobyourcar.com will give me xxxx amount, so I need more than that? otherwise whats the friggin point in coming to you!!??

Ah of course you need to talk to your manager, Mrs sponge says your only 12 anyway. ill just speak to the other bloke through car wow! And take the Austin Rover to werobyourcar.com
Mrs Sponge will be back for a test drive on Monday....

Yellow + red = Orange

tim993
Zolder

2016 Porsche Boxster 981

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Down in the south our local BMW dealers are in Salisbury and Eastleigh. Both have been happy to give out px over the phone and the one in Salisbury even talked discounts. He asked what price they need to match and we quoted one of those online places (Broadspeed I think) and later on they came back saying they could match plus another %. They weren't so good in Cobham where we used to live, but out in rural Hampshire / Wiltshire they are actually quite pleasant.

1995 993 turbo

spongebob squarepants
Long Beach

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tim993 wrote:
Down in the south our local BMW dealers are in Salisbury and Eastleigh. Both have been happy to give out px over the phone and the one in Salisbury even talked discounts. He asked what price they need to match and we quoted one of those online places (Broadspeed I think) and later on they came back saying they could match plus another %. They weren't so good in Cobham where we used to live, but out in rural Hampshire / Wiltshire they are actually quite pleasant.

I think it's a Wilmslow thing a little like OPC Wilmslow!

Yellow + red = Orange

Zingari
Brands Hatch
Brands Hatch

1993 Porsche 964 Anniversary

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tim993 wrote:

I think it's a Wilmslow thing a little like OPC Wilmslow!

Hand That's because they find it harder to shift those p/x with dark tinted windows all round, spinners, an over-use of chrome and the front/rear bumpers damaged by too many number plate screws to make up all sorts of names what

spongebob squarepants
Long Beach

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:19 pm    Post subject: Are BMW/Audi dealers, general car dealers the worst ever? Reply with quote

OMFG.

Trying to buy a car, but so difficult. BM dealars awful x 3. Little interest other than putting load of complicated deals together and speccing up cars. You
f ucking idiots, you havent got a sale yet!! despite trying very hard and photographing/bringing car to you, begging for a price.you wont give us a price! Forget the new one at the moment! And no I dont want to take it next door to webuyanycar.com, (they will give you a better price sir??!) thats why ive come to you c unts for some good old fashioned servce!(Or Mrs Sponge has) In fact forget it BMW is off the shopping list!

So Audi ah this will be easy! Err nope!! after a nearly new which really complicates things....... Found one, after several phone calls, emails, online chats, you name it, still cant find out if its still even for sale! Or the mileage, lets not even go to the complicated pocees of obtaining the ridiculously low px offer!

I have about 33k to spend, and a ***** rover to trade, theres no work for you, the car I want is as new, the car your selling is new or as new, give me a figure, Mrs Sponge turns up with the Sh it Rover, and drives the new or nearly new Audi away, easiest sale ever kaboom!

Forget your finance! Mrs Sponge can get it cheaper, so match it or forget it! Car dealers (other than the good guys on here) I hate you all.

Yellow + red = Orange

jonttt
Long Beach

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see why you support Utd Floor
2017 BMW 740 Msport
2017 RR Evoque Autobiography

spongebob squarepants
Long Beach

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonttt wrote:
I can see why you support Utd Floor

Hand Ill set mrs Sponge on you White Devil (in red)

Tried the online chat thing again as running out of ideas! Now, I realise its probably a call centre somewhere with nowt to do with the dealers, but he/she/it finishes the convo with

HSI - 'they will get back to you soon as they can, they must be busy'
Me - 'yes they were busy yesterday too!'
HSI- Anything else I can help you with?!
Me -'Err well you havent helped at all!'
HSI -cut me off!

nasty pasty Floor

Yellow + red = Orange

mikeluke
Kyalami

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will probably regret admitting to this but...

I bought my X5 via Motorpoint...

it was pretty much hassle-free - they offered me a decent trade-in price, did not quibble when I turned up with the car, and the car I bought was a decent price.

I have had good an bad experiences with UK BMW dealers. It seems to vary a lot.

Gone off Audi ever since our local branch (Reading) was in court for bullying an apprentice...
BMW M140i (Mrs L's)
VW Polo Match 1.2 (the lad's)

Former:
996 Turbo S Cabrio Manual
996 Turbo Coupe Tip
968 Cabrio Manual

Zingari
Brands Hatch
Brands Hatch

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried WBAC by chance Dont know Reason I ask is they actually offered me a better price on my Cayenne than OPC did when I was looking to chop it in for a Cayman Surprised

I sold private in the end higher than both p/x offers and that was from a national dealer that had OPC in its network Rolling Eyes

spongebob squarepants
Long Beach

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zingari wrote:
Have you tried WBAC by chance Dont know Reason I ask is they actually offered me a better price on my Cayenne than OPC did when I was looking to chop it in for a Cayman Surprised

I sold private in the end higher than both p/x offers and that was from a national dealer that had OPC in its network Rolling Eyes

Yep they have actually offered the best price (£25,800) I know this as they e mail me everyday to remind me!
However as an example Audis own online px valuation is £26900. Which is about what I'd expect to get against an approved used, as there's always some play in the price. It's an easy valuation for a nearly new low miles unmarked car.

That's the mega annoying thing with the BM dealers, offer 25,500 against an undiscounted car, when I know I can get one discounted 9.7%. You'd think they would at least try adding 7% to the trade in value as the normal shinaligans! But nope..

On the 911 I just bought ( I know higher value) but obviously 911 prices are strong and it was already well priced. For my golf (WBAC value 17600) they gave me 20,600, plus 850 off the 911.

Anyway mrs sponge has sat in the Q5 now. That's effectively the end of the X1! The problem with the new Q5 is there relatively new out, so strong still for a pre reg or nearly new. Not paying nearly 40k new, but a few cropping up at 33-34. The Austin Rover price is in free fall, pity who finishes up with it on their drive..

Yellow + red = Orange

mikeluke
Kyalami

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah....

I try not to let Mrs L anywhere near a new car until I've done the 'man maths'... otherwise I'd have something on the drive that would be very, blingy and depreciating faster than Usain Bolt....
BMW M140i (Mrs L's)
VW Polo Match 1.2 (the lad's)

Former:
996 Turbo S Cabrio Manual
996 Turbo Coupe Tip
968 Cabrio Manual

rpm
Nürburgring

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blimey - what a thread!!

I must be one of the luckiest LR owners on the planet.

Wife's Disco Sport is a year old now and has been faultless (except for the recent puncture). The new ingenium engine is miles ahead of the Freelander for refinement but not much better fuel economy wise.

We've had a Freelander 2 from new and after 7 years and 70,000 miles the only faults have been a failed battery and turbo hose.

In fact my old Freelander V6 was a great car except for the fact that you could never better 20mpg and it only had a 10 gallon fuel tank. I was having to fill up every 5 days.

My other car's my wife's hand-me-down

jhb

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:39 pm    Post subject: JLR Reply with quote

Had a RR Sport, reliable but very ordinary build quality, also had a couple of freelanders - both reliable. Currently got an XC90, very dull but does it's job perfectly and need 7 seats as have 4 kids and far better value than JLR or German products;

current
997cs cab (waiting delivery)
xc90
golf

previous:
S4 avany
E350 cab
RRspt
330ci cab
Z3 3.0
Freelanders
205GTi's
Uno Turbo

Zingari
Brands Hatch
Brands Hatch

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't do your dough what You sure the Q5 has enough street cred for the mean streets of Cheshire Dont know

I reckon during my morning coffee in Alderley I counted 30+ RR of varying types in 2hrs Surprised Only one Evoque so that must tell you something.

The motoring 'paps' see them as an eyesore like when you used to get a 'hair in the gate' of your old SLR nooo

spongebob squarepants
Long Beach

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zingari wrote:
Don't do your dough what You sure the Q5 has enough street cred for the mean streets of Cheshire Dont know

I reckon during my morning coffee in Alderley I counted 30+ RR of varying types in 2hrs Surprised Only one Evoque so that must tell you something.

The motoring 'paps' see them as an eyesore like when you used to get a 'hair in the gate' of your old SLR nooo

The evoque is minging. While the heap was in the delaers Mrs Sponge had an evoque as the loan car (booked 6 weeks in advance!) The salesman said these are really good on fuel madam' Yep it averaged 31??!! Surprised Question Good for JLR I suppose.

Q5 is the way to go. Gentlemens club v JLR 'Rovers return interior' and its 'boxy' (this is apprently a good thing) Audis top seller worlwide. Real world consumption mid 40's, smart interior, plenty of aluminium panels with 190 BHP from the basic 2.0 TDI, no silly styling shaping outside, just good old Audi style.

Yellow + red = Orange

Zingari
Brands Hatch
Brands Hatch

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see the logic but look at this way Mrs Sponge will find something else to whinge about if the Audi will be so good. At the moment you've got a useful means of keeping her occupied but your fireproof Thumb Unless of course you get the blame for suggesting she bought one in the first place Rolling Eyes

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: