Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

JLR Disco Sport worse car ever?BMW/Audi dealers worse still!

In other shocking news another mate of mine who works as a sales agent at RR (long term tenant who has become a friend) informed me he is starting work as the franchise manager for Kia in Southport. He was fed up with paying the BIK on his company RR sport and dealing with complaints :eek:

No idea on actual quantity, its Mrs Sponges car, had it over a year its been in for top up 4-5 times. Is this normal for Ad blue on a modern diesel?

Not sure what normal is really. We put 10litres in the Mrs' X5 last week. That's for about 13k miles over 19 months. I believe the tank holds 15litres. The warning light came on the day I bought a container of the stuff - a complete coincidence as I was starting to worry that we had never topped it up.

tim993 said:
Not sure what normal is really. We put 10litres in the Mrs' X5 last week. That's for about 13k miles over 19 months. I believe the tank holds 15litres. The warning light came on the day I bought a container of the stuff - a complete coincidence as I was starting to worry that we had never topped it up.

Mrs Sponge drives to the dealers. Its probably going into the wrong hole otherwise :floor: At least the JLR dealers are good for something, along with supplies of sweets and assorted drinks.

Talking of which BMW dealers OMFG!!! Hard work!! Save for one through car wow whos been okish, the others are horrendous so far.

We just want the cheapest price (thats 9.7% off basically!) Dont want the paint protection! Dont want the run flats! Front camera?! no!. Expensive gap protection no no and no.

And Please just a PX price would be good! Oh you cant give discounts out over the phone or px prices?! Ive told you the Austin Rover is unmarked, low mileage, FLSH. Just give me your shite px price for gods sake! werobyourcar.com will give me xxxx amount, so I need more than that? otherwise whats the friggin point in coming to you!!??

Ah of course you need to talk to your manager, Mrs sponge says your only 12 anyway. ill just speak to the other bloke through car wow! And take the Austin Rover to werobyourcar.com
Mrs Sponge will be back for a test drive on Monday....

Down in the south our local BMW dealers are in Salisbury and Eastleigh. Both have been happy to give out px over the phone and the one in Salisbury even talked discounts. He asked what price they need to match and we quoted one of those online places (Broadspeed I think) and later on they came back saying they could match plus another %. They weren't so good in Cobham where we used to live, but out in rural Hampshire / Wiltshire they are actually quite pleasant.

tim993 said:
Down in the south our local BMW dealers are in Salisbury and Eastleigh. Both have been happy to give out px over the phone and the one in Salisbury even talked discounts. He asked what price they need to match and we quoted one of those online places (Broadspeed I think) and later on they came back saying they could match plus another %. They weren't so good in Cobham where we used to live, but out in rural Hampshire / Wiltshire they are actually quite pleasant.

I think it's a Wilmslow thing a little like OPC Wilmslow!

spongebob squarepants said:
tim993 said:

I think it's a Wilmslow thing a little like OPC Wilmslow!

:hand: That's because they find it harder to shift those p/x with dark tinted windows all round, spinners, an over-use of chrome and the front/rear bumpers damaged by too many number plate screws to make up all sorts of names :what:

Are BMW/Audi dealers, general car dealers the worst ever?

OMFG.

Trying to buy a car, but so difficult. BM dealars awful x 3. Little interest other than putting load of complicated deals together and speccing up cars. You
f ucking idiots, you havent got a sale yet!! despite trying very hard and photographing/bringing car to you, begging for a price.you wont give us a price! Forget the new one at the moment! And no I dont want to take it next door to webuyanycar.com, (they will give you a better price sir??!) thats why ive come to you c unts for some good old fashioned servce!(Or Mrs Sponge has) In fact forget it BMW is off the shopping list!

So Audi ah this will be easy! Err nope!! after a nearly new which really complicates things....... Found one, after several phone calls, emails, online chats, you name it, still cant find out if its still even for sale! Or the mileage, lets not even go to the complicated pocees of obtaining the ridiculously low px offer!

I have about 33k to spend, and a ***** rover to trade, theres no work for you, the car I want is as new, the car your selling is new or as new, give me a figure, Mrs Sponge turns up with the Sh it Rover, and drives the new or nearly new Audi away, easiest sale ever kaboom!

Forget your finance! Mrs Sponge can get it cheaper, so match it or forget it! Car dealers (other than the good guys on here) I hate you all.

I can see why you support Utd :floor:

jonttt said:
I can see why you support Utd :floor:

:hand: Ill set mrs Sponge on you :whitedevil: (in red)

Tried the online chat thing again as running out of ideas! Now, I realise its probably a call centre somewhere with nowt to do with the dealers, but he/she/it finishes the convo with

HSI - 'they will get back to you soon as they can, they must be busy'
Me - 'yes they were busy yesterday too!'
HSI- Anything else I can help you with?!
Me -'Err well you havent helped at all!'
HSI -cut me off!

nasty pasty :floor:

I will probably regret admitting to this but...

I bought my X5 via Motorpoint...

it was pretty much hassle-free - they offered me a decent trade-in price, did not quibble when I turned up with the car, and the car I bought was a decent price.

I have had good an bad experiences with UK BMW dealers. It seems to vary a lot.

Gone off Audi ever since our local branch (Reading) was in court for bullying an apprentice...

Have you tried WBAC by chance :dont know: Reason I ask is they actually offered me a better price on my Cayenne than OPC did when I was looking to chop it in for a Cayman :eek:

I sold private in the end higher than both p/x offers and that was from a national dealer that had OPC in its network :roll:

Zingari said:
Have you tried WBAC by chance :dont know: Reason I ask is they actually offered me a better price on my Cayenne than OPC did when I was looking to chop it in for a Cayman :eek:

I sold private in the end higher than both p/x offers and that was from a national dealer that had OPC in its network :roll:

Yep they have actually offered the best price (£25,800) I know this as they e mail me everyday to remind me!
However as an example Audis own online px valuation is £26900. Which is about what I'd expect to get against an approved used, as there's always some play in the price. It's an easy valuation for a nearly new low miles unmarked car.

That's the mega annoying thing with the BM dealers, offer 25,500 against an undiscounted car, when I know I can get one discounted 9.7%. You'd think they would at least try adding 7% to the trade in value as the normal shinaligans! But nope..

On the 911 I just bought ( I know higher value) but obviously 911 prices are strong and it was already well priced. For my golf (WBAC value 17600) they gave me 20,600, plus 850 off the 911.

Anyway mrs sponge has sat in the Q5 now. That's effectively the end of the X1! The problem with the new Q5 is there relatively new out, so strong still for a pre reg or nearly new. Not paying nearly 40k new, but a few cropping up at 33-34. The Austin Rover price is in free fall, pity who finishes up with it on their drive..

Ah....

I try not to let Mrs L anywhere near a new car until I've done the 'man maths'... otherwise I'd have something on the drive that would be very, blingy and depreciating faster than Usain Bolt....

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back