Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Selling my turbo... back to stock or not?

Jamesyg

Hockenheim
Question guys, Im looking for some advise.

Have got my much loved turbo up for sale. Have made some minor interior mods, cage / gt3 seats / harnesses, and am contemplating stripping them out back to oem, on the basis potential buyers may be put off.

Any thoughts?

Hi and hope all is well.

I have seen your car and its a lovley example, FWIW I would try and sell with the mods (i would call then enhancements to improve the overall look of the car tbh) and factor in the cost, then if no luck have a think about removal and selling as stock plus the parts separatley

Cage, harnesses and seats should sell as separates quite easyly ?

GLWS - - sad day

What are your car plans for the future ?

Regards FRP Faried

Without any doubt the biggest audience of buyers is for a stock car.
So you'd know what my recommendation would be.

Its difficult to sell 996 Turbo cars at the right sort of money. I accompanied a colleague this week to a well known Indy as he wants to part-ex his low mileage turbo for a gen 2 997. The Indy had 4 such cars already! All good, all well prepped and spec'd. But all standard cars.

Off-loading a modified or "enhanced' car is going to be harder with a reduced audience and this time of the year.

No idea on your price but it seems people are going the dealer route for the warranty and protection of SOGA legislation. Also cash seems to be being held rather than being sunk into cars and also dealers can arrange finance.

If you are trying private, you might consider a SOR disposal - but I don't think good reputable indys will take on a modified or "enhanced" car. They will also put your car through an in-house inspection and ask you to put right anything they find before they are prepared to put their marketing name behind it.

my 2p and I like mods . the mods you have done sound great and I am sure look fantastic BUT the type of mod you have done would indicate to me a car that had been heavily tracked rightly or wrongly I would be concerned about how much abuse it had undergone. Even though if I brought a stock turbo I may well actually add all those things, but I would prefer to buy a car that was stock . I dont think buyers like to think they are buying a car thats worked hard even though we all know thats what they are built to do :grin: :grin:

My 2p worth.... Back to stock and sell the modified parts separately...
Standard cars bring a far larger market...rightly or wrongly

yep back to stock

GT3 seats and 996 cage will sell easily on their own.

OEM GT3 seats can go for some serious money if in good condition and a few K.

Thanks guys... mods were carried out with intention of more track days... which didn't happen.

Sound like the reversal to standard might be preffered. Not a challenging job.. so will likely go that route.

FRP...rsr rep.. likely 3.2, will see you in April!

Back to stock. PM me when you advertise the parts :)

MC

From a buyer's perspective.....back to stock.

These cars are now worth too much to take a punt on a modified car that may have had a hard life and been tinkered around with (with no inference on yours).

Also buyers want a get out strategy, and for them in a few years time off loading a standard basic car is easier.

Good luck

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spilly67
Back