Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Suspension kit.

Leon1davies said:
Thanks for this post - been shopping around for the kit and found various prices but this appears the cheapest.

I've got the M030 kit already but the front struts are corroded so need replacing. It's actually cheaper to buy the full kit than it is to just replace the front struts.

Can you not just buy a pair of Bilstein B4/B6 for "sports suspension" cars? They do advertise them for that fitment.

These really aren't that hard to fit yourself, guys. I did it and I have had no mechanic training whatsoever. Rears remarkably simple.

Use the Paragon "101 Projects for your 996" book/website and you'll save a ton of money, as well as perhaps get to keep the nice jack and socket set you bought (with the savings) to do the job. :thumb:

It's also very manly. :D

I have been trying to get a price for this kit from my local OPC and they have had to contact Porsche GB who say it is no longer available.

They also added that P.000.044.27. was 3 digits short.

Mines a C4S so if anyone has recently bought this kit and has the part number I would love to have it to try and get a kit as the price is much better than anywhere else.

My understanding is the kit contains front and rear struts, springs and anti roll bars...I thought it included drop links too but must have imagined it.

The kit comes with either 10mm, 20mm and 30mm lowering springs but the 30mm kits are no longer available from OPC.

Had a really confusing conversation with OPC about the kit. I've got MO30 from factory spec and as this is considered a 'retro fit kit' he wasn't sure if the 10mm springs were correct or not as they had different part numbers.

jonindorset said:
Also, can someone advise what exactly is included in the kit please?

The kit includes four dampers (believed to be Bilstein B4 oil filled units), four springs, two anti-roll bars & roll bar bushes too.

A great value for money kit, my car came with it from the factory so I replaced like-for-like, I'm very happy with the setup.

Paz said:
jonindorset said:
Also, can someone advise what exactly is included in the kit please?

The kit includes four dampers (believed to be Bilstein B4 oil filled units), four springs, two anti-roll bars & roll bar bushes too.

A great value for money kit, my car came with it from the factory so I replaced like-for-like, I'm very happy with the setup.

When you replaced yours how many miles had your original springs done? Just wondering what the stance is like after putting new springs in...wasn't sure if it sat slightly higher as the old springs may have slumped a bit

I think my C2 had done circa 122,000 miles, the front damper bearings were worn causing a rattling noise, similar to top-mount rattle.

Ride height to my eyes looks perfect, I'm more interested in setup, to that end Pete at Center Gravity did a superb job.

Paz said:
I think my C2 had done circa 122,000 miles, the front damper bearings were worn causing a rattling noise, similar to top-mount rattle.

The front dampers can also show play at this mileage. When rocking the wheel top and bottom its like wheel bearing play.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back