Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Seat Belt Webbing --------

Phil it now looks like a car you own 👍 but damn I'm now guna have to have this done!!!

-- 997 -- said:
Phil 997 said:
-- 997 -- said:
Hi phill, your belts do suit your car for its colour.. is your interior Midnight Blue? Looks great :thumb:

J

Its called Sea Blue mate, I think it goes nicely with Aqua paintwork. Most Aqua cars seem to come with Black interiors which also looks good. :grin: Your red fitted look stunning against the black leather mate.

Hiya Phil, cheers mate :thumb: your seats are Sea Blue, mine are Midnight Blue which is darker, almost black at a distant but like yours, looks sweet :D your belts really opens the colour inside !! Nice choice ...

J

:floor: I should know better mate my gen1 was midnight and everyone kept saying it was black :thumb: its a lovely colour :grin: :grin:

Thanks mate I wanted to lift the inside but be a bit more subtle than I was with my gen1 I will post a couple of pics so you can see how carried away with acid green I got :grin: but I did love it :thumb:

Attachments

• 28685658252_5637ed60a0_c_555.jpg
    28685658252_5637ed60a0_c_555.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 4,398
  • img_1332_187.jpg
    img_1332_187.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 4,398
  • img_0356_150.jpg
    img_0356_150.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 4,398
silvermilnec said:
Phil it now looks like a car you own 👍 but damn I'm now guna have to have this done!!!

:floor: Thanks Chris ,and not a hint of acid green. Not a bad mod at £32.50 plus vat per belt. Sorry to make you spend more money mate :grin: :thumb:

This pic is my next project for November :grin:

Attachments

• chronopaintedaqua2_314x314_111.jpg
    chronopaintedaqua2_314x314_111.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 4,386
Boba fett said:
Damn they look good Phil :thumb:

:agree:

I need these in my life... a nice little winter mod project!

Now what colour to go for with a Silver / Black car :?

TonyC911 said:
Boba fett said:

Tony most would say Red BUT you need more silver in your life mate silver car black interior with as close to your paintwork as you can silver seatbelts would also look good with all the galvarno silver interior trim :thumb: :thumb:

TonyC911 said:
Boba fett said:

Silver all day long :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
-- 997 -- said:
Phil 997 said:
-- 997 -- said:
Hi phill, your belts do suit your car for its colour.. is your interior Midnight Blue? Looks great :thumb:

J

Its called Sea Blue mate, I think it goes nicely with Aqua paintwork. Most Aqua cars seem to come with Black interiors which also looks good. :grin: Your red fitted look stunning against the black leather mate.

Hiya Phil, cheers mate :thumb: your seats are Sea Blue, mine are Midnight Blue which is darker, almost black at a distant but like yours, looks sweet :D your belts really opens the colour inside !! Nice choice ...

J

:floor: I should know better mate my gen1 was midnight and everyone kept saying it was black :thumb: its a lovely colour :grin: :grin:

Thanks mate I wanted to lift the inside but be a bit more subtle than I was with my gen1 I will post a couple of pics so you can see how carried away with acid green I got :grin: but I did love it :thumb:

Phil, let me ask ya, your steering wheel and gear knob + gaiter, what colour is it, no doubt it's alacantara? The pic of your gen1, the mods were nice and sweet :thumb:

J

-- 997 -- said:
Phil 997 said:
-- 997 -- said:
Phil 997 said:
-- 997 -- said:

J

J

Phil, let me ask ya, your steering wheel and gear knob + gaiter, what colour is it, no doubt it's alacantara? The pic of your gen1, the mods were nice and sweet :thumb:

J

They are Porsche genuine alcantara the armrest, handbreak, gearshift, and steering wheel .But Linas at DesignLS and other retrimmers can get a very close match so close you wouldnt know even side by side. I have just brought all the lower dash in alcantara have a look at the pic the wheel is genuine porsche the sheet of alcantara alongside it is from a retrimmer :thumb: the alcantara tip surround on the gen 1 was made by designLS for me

Thanks for your thoughts on the gen1 :thumb:

Attachments

• img_0744_129.jpg
    img_0744_129.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 4,338
Phil 997 said:
-- 997 -- said:
Phil 997 said:
-- 997 -- said:
Phil 997 said:
-- 997 -- said:

J

J

J

They are Porsche genuine alcantara the armrest, handbreak, gearshift, and steering wheel .But Linas at DesignLS and other retrimmers can get a very close match so close you wouldnt know even side by side. I have just brought all the lower dash in alcantara have a look at the pic the wheel is genuine porsche the sheet of alcantara alongside it is from a retrimmer :thumb: the alcantara tip surround on the gen 1 was made by designLS for me

That looks like a perfect match Phil :thumb: what colour would you say the steering wheel alcantara is? Same as interior? If so then that's the colour I'll have to do my bits as my interior is near your colour interior etc.... I wanna blend my steering wheel with the interior as close as possible , don't want the steering wheel, handbrake cover and gear knob/gaiter to stand out etc..

J

I'd be doing this diy and posting unless anyone knows somewhere up north?

I know it's hard to get into the back but any tips on how to get the belts out? Any links to how you do it?

silvermilnec said:

I know it's hard to get into the back but any tips on how to get the belts out? Any links to how you do it?[/quote

My Tech did it but he removed the rear qtr side trims the bose rear box and trim above the box under the rear glass. I asked him why the bose box he said it only took 2 mins and gave him better access. :thumb:

-- 997 -- said:
Phil 997 said:
-- 997 -- said:
Phil 997 said:
-- 997 -- said:
Phil 997 said:
-- 997 -- said:

J

J

J

That looks like a perfect match Phil :thumb: what colour would you say the steering wheel alcantara is? Same as interior? If so then that's the colour I'll have to do my bits as my interior is near your colour interior etc.... I wanna blend my steering wheel with the interior as close as possible , don't want the steering wheel, handbrake cover and gear knob/gaiter to stand out etc..

J

It looks a bit like charcoal so has a bluey tinge to it especially when next to blue . but I think Porsche call it black
:grin:

:pc: :pc: duplicate post :oops:

Phil 997 said:
-- 997 -- said:
Phil 997 said:
-- 997 -- said:
Phil 997 said:
-- 997 -- said:
Phil 997 said:
-- 997 -- said:

J

J

J

J

It looks a bit like charcoal so has a bluey tinge to it especially when next to blue . but I think Porsche call it black
:grin:

Nice, my next project, will be calling Linus in morning !!! :thumb:

j

silvermilnec said:

I know it's hard to get into the back but any tips on how to get the belts out? Any links to how you do it?

Rear side panels comes off, take pictures just incase your not sure... my first time took me 20 mins per side and I was stopping to have a Cold drink cos it gets hot in there, the rear seat belt can be tricky to get the bolts out, you need a 17mm spanner, ring spanner or a ratchet spanner if you have, socket will not fit.. when putting all back I used loctite thread sealer, that's when the trouble starts, it gets fiddly cos of the position you have be to LINE up the bolt, if you have big hands like me then you will fight.,if small hands like a woman, then your ok... just take pictures as you go along like what I did as reference cos on a few occasions I did have to look at the pictures and sorted, best part and to be very carefully putting the panels back... then you have this grin on her face when it looks good!!

J

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back