Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Ebay GT3 track car, high mileage, anyone know it?

You could probably break it for parts and see 40k.

As an 'eyes open ' purchase probably ok at mid 40's. the presentation for sale is quite poor. Ad, pictures, descriptions, car could easily be tidied up if the fundamentals check out.

It was discussed elsewhere recently at 10k more so motivated seller.

Cunno said:
royal said:
Ah sorry, obvious now you mention it but I thought it was the price.

The Oakley thing is an interesting point. I've not heard of that before being a Porsche Newb.

Looks to me to be a Oakley car, if I remember right it was bought by a company that did drive a sports car track day thing way back. As others have said there's a few odd things rear bumper gen 2 rear lights odd fit to the rear deck lid and front bumper. Are the seats correct they look wrong to me but not sure? No normal seat belts and no lap belts so only 4 point harness, which is odd too? And a track car sat on road tyres all seem odd. I know John Oakley was into intrax suspension and Pirelli tyres so the Oakley conction could be correct.

If it is the Oakley demo I've Been in it!

6 point harness, just lap belts are tucked away somewhere probably.

NLW73 said:
does the rear bumper look wrong and after market?
If you compare it to any other 997.1 GT3, the exhausts exit point is wrong. On this car the pipes go through the bumper, whereas the norm it for them to exit in a cutout at the lower edge.

Anyway, the car's in Smoke on Stink, so my computer says "no". :grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back