Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

SOME SMART 997 SPORT CHRONO TRIM ADVICE NEEDED

Phil 997

Le Mans
I am trying to find the difference between these two sport chrono housing upper trim parts both say they fit all 997.1 and 2 gens but they have different part numbers and the one ending 03 looks a little flatter giving the effect that the clock hole is more oval. can any of you guys that understand the PET info throw any light.
I am not sure but my only observation is that the one ending 03 may be plastic and the one ending 11 may be leather trimmed as it has what looks like a stitch line at the bottom in the middle , what I need to know is are they both infact the same shape and interchangeable. I have on my car the one ending 11 but want one to paint body colour so the one ending 03 would be better if the only difference is infact one is leather trimmed and one plastic.

99755237101A11
Year: 2004-2012

99755237100A03

appreciate any light any of you can throw on it, to avoid me getting the wrong part and the cost of painting it etc.

Thanks Phil

Demort said:
This one is listed as leather in the link .

99755237101A11

https://www.partrequest.com/auto-pa...sche-911-997-chrono-timing-clock-182744184204

This is black plastic .

99755237100A03

Im not aware of different sized clocks so both would fit but if you want to paint one then the plastic one is required .. and a lot cheaper .

No idear on PET though .. not got it at home :(

Thanks Iain, thats confirmed what I was thinking mate , I am wondering if it just looks a different shape as its not fitted and the leather give a slightly thicker look :thumb: :thumb:

As far as im aware the clocks are all the same so the difference would be the material its made from .. also whilst searching one was 500 dollars and one was 144 dollars .. sounds like porsche leather to me :D

Demort said:
As far as im aware the clocks are all the same so the difference would be the material its made from .. also whilst searching one was 500 dollars and one was 144 dollars .. sounds like porsche leather to me :D

Yes mate I found the same following your link the difference in price must be leather over what we call plastic but the Americans seem to call leatherette.
Thanks as always for your help mate :thumb: :thumb:

Phil, those additional last three digits - the ones after the revision code, relate to either colour or trim finish.

So I think you have your answer with the difference being between the different materials - as Iain has already, they will both be the same shape and will be physically interchangeable.

I'm looking for a chrono Pod to retrofit a gauge. Are they available to buy?? I dont want the chrono clock just the Pod Holder where the clock sit In!!

Cheers

J

monster said:
Phil, those additional last three digits - the ones after the revision code, relate to either colour or trim finish.

So I think you have your answer with the difference being between the different materials - as Iain has already, they will both be the same shape and will be physically interchangeable.

Thanks Tim :thumb:

-- 997 -- said:
I'm looking for a chrono Pod to retrofit a gauge. Are they available to buy?? I dont want the chrono clock just the Pod Holder where the clock sit In!!

Cheers

J

J , they seem to come in two parts the upper trip with the hole in for the clock and a lower part , depending what your planning you may just need the upper part which has 4 tabs to clip it to the dash. next question do you want a coloured leather pod or a black plastic pod they range hugely in price new depending on what you want. There are one or two places that have used ones for sale.
:thumb:

Phil 997 said:
-- 997 -- said:

Cheers

J

J , they seem to come in two parts the upper trip with the hole in for the clock and a lower part , depending what your planning you may just need the upper part which has 4 tabs to clip it to the dash. next question do you want a coloured leather pod or a black plastic pod they range hugely in price new depending on what you want. There are one or two places that have used ones for sale.
:thumb:

Hi Phil, I have a Stewart Warner gauge I want to fit in the pod rather than the chrono gauge with colour I don't care as much as I'll probably get it painted but it's the pod that holds the gauge is what I need Phil.... I'd thought the pod is one unit with tabs at the bottom which clicks in place on the dashboard?

J

Thats the one J I will PM you a number of a guy who I think has a used one but dont know what he wants for it :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PC Saros
Back