Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

JLR Disco Sport worse car ever?BMW/Audi dealers worse still!

Benjs said:
I should add that near when I had it I had a new android phone. As those who use android will know it will tell you how long to certain places you go to regularly as an notification (ie time to work)

3 months into Disco sport ownership it told me my time to work was 18 minutes.......I work 40 miles away from home, but as I had visited the dealership that often it thought I worked there

:floor: :floor: that's classic!

after 3 RR's and a Disco that then had the infamous porous block at 60K, i decided that my nerves and patience had suffered enough torment! i was totally fed up with the rattles and squeeks, breakdowns in the middle of France at midnight, suspension pioneered by 'Lurch & Wallow'...

a few friends still persist despite injector looms on their newish Discos, RRS: ehandbrake locks on whenever it feels like it and alternators that goes up in smoke at 25K miles etc etc - definitely underpowered and overrated

Bought an X5 4.8iS 7 years ago and still absolutely love it :thumb:

X1 is excellent - lost of really well specc'ed cars about and if you take a look underneath there's some proper solid engineering in them.
The new X3 (soon out) is getting great review. The current (outgoing) is excellent but avoid the 19" wheels and find one with the optional adaptive dampers.
We needed the X5 simply for the huge towing capacity otherwise it would be X1 or X3. Didn't bother with 7 seats as we simply don't need them. The boot is huge and has a hidden storage as well (where the third row seats would be). Ridiculously quick for such a tank of a vehicle and has achieved consistently higher mpg than either the 1.5 litre FIAT 500X 4x4 and 0.9litre Panda 4x4 we used to run as well. Oh and the X5 on 19s is much kinder on the tyres than an X3 on 19s.
Food for thought :)

Benjs said:
I should add that near when I had it I had a new android phone. As those who use android will know it will tell you how long to certain places you go to regularly as an notification (ie time to work)

3 months into Disco sport ownership it told me my time to work was 18 minutes.......I work 40 miles away from home, but as I had visited the dealership that often it thought I worked there

Thats brilliant!

tim993 said:
X1 is excellent - lost of really well specc'ed cars about and if you take a look underneath there's some proper solid engineering in them.
The new X3 (soon out) is getting great review. The current (outgoing) is excellent but avoid the 19" wheels and find one with the optional adaptive dampers.
We needed the X5 simply for the huge towing capacity otherwise it would be X1 or X3. Didn't bother with 7 seats as we simply don't need them. The boot is huge and has a hidden storage as well (where the third row seats would be). Ridiculously quick for such a tank of a vehicle and has achieved consistently higher mpg than either the 1.5 litre FIAT 500X 4x4 and 0.9litre Panda 4x4 we used to run as well. Oh and the X5 on 19s is much kinder on the tyres than an X3 on 19s.
Food for thought :)
Tim - agree on the tyres - our last one had 20 inch wheels which looked great but you did feel the bumps - much better with the 18 inch winter wheels.

new one has 19's and these feel like a good compromise - also went for the 4.0d this time - still the 3 litre engine but over 300 BHP - so it is no slouch

I've heard Discovery sports are bidding for the Utd first team sponsorship gig :floor:

jonttt said:
I've heard Discovery sports are bidding for the Utd first team sponsorship gig :floor:

:floor: :hand:

....never thought the Rexton could look better than the Disco

At least they have put the number plate in the middle!

We have just picked up a Skoda Kodiac for one of my Business Managers. He has previously been a Mercedes guy but recently started a family, bought his first house etc... and so wanted something practical as a company car (his merc was stolen off his drive without the keys a few weeks ago but that's another thread) and save some cash on car tax as well.

Its a top of the range model but I was really impressed with the size of it (it felt as big as my FFRR inside) and features / build quality. It has the new Skoda infotainment system which was very flash and basically just a lot of car of the money. It was a stock car as we needed one quick so has the lower power Diesel engine (150BHP I think) but reading reviews that is the one to get and with Audi's DSG auto box it was pretty impressive to drive. I'm betting the Audi group reliability will be much better than RR so to me it was a much better (and cheaper) buy than the discovery sport he also looked at. Nb its also 7 seats.

jonttt said:

:hand: No need we have the world renowned and ultra reliable Chevi on there, we hired a Chevrolet Catapult seven seater thing on hols last year even that beat the Disco!

Here you go :worship:

...nice family you have there Sponge.

However, at least one will secretly wish he/she supported LFC /hero worships Klopp instead and does not really want to wear that Man U shirt. :wink:

jonttt said:
We have just picked up a Skoda Kodiac for one of my Business Managers. He has previously been a Mercedes guy but recently started a family, bought his first house etc... and so wanted something practical as a company car (his merc was stolen off his drive without the keys a few weeks ago but that's another thread) and save some cash on car tax as well.

Its a top of the range model but I was really impressed with the size of it (it felt as big as my FFRR inside) and features / build quality. It has the new Skoda infotainment system which was very flash and basically just a lot of car of the money. It was a stock car as we needed one quick so has the lower power Diesel engine (150BHP I think) but reading reviews that is the one to get and with Audi's DSG auto box it was pretty impressive to drive. I'm betting the Audi group reliability will be much better than RR so to me it was a much better (and cheaper) buy than the discovery sport he also looked at. Nb its also 7 seats.

I've just gone for a new Superb estate, same infotainment system as your friend's etc, a very impressively equipped car. Leather seats, electric everything, 2 litre petrol 220 hp motor, it goes very well.

For some balance though, the dsg pooped itself after 78 miles from new! 3 week wait for a new box..... Since then it has been lovely to drive, can squeek over 600 miles to a tank and will top 150 mph, what's not to like? All this for less than £30k.

wizard993 said:
...nice family you have there Sponge.

However, at least one will secretly wish he/she supported LFC /hero worships Klopp instead and does not really want to wear that Man U shirt. :wink:

Au contrair the standard bitterness towards the other red team in the Northwest has been instilled since an early age, however the little one is a secret City fan (as all the kids at her school are glory hunters and she wants to fit in).

You obviously don't actually live in Manchester as most that do support city :grin:

DynoMike said:
jonttt said:

I've just gone for a new Superb estate, same infotainment system as your friend's etc, a very impressively equipped car. Leather seats, electric everything, 2 litre petrol 220 hp motor, it goes very well.

For some balance though, the dsg pooped itself after 78 miles from new! 3 week wait for a new box..... Since then it has been lovely to drive, can squeek over 600 miles to a tank and will top 150 mph, what's not to like? All this for less than £30k.

Yep we have just ordered x2 superb sport saloons for regional managers. They are currently in shock as they are going from A4s but they will get over it when they take home more wonga :grin:

Trouble is I'm used to getting some nice perks from the premium brands due to our car fleet, Skoda are struggling with that :roll: range rover have put me up in a nice castle next week all expenses paid to try to get me in a new FFRR, hopefully I'll be picking my new 7 series up on the way there :floor:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back