Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 GT3 Carbon Bucket Seats

Turbojim997 said:
Phil, Lee has the folding bucket seats so could be different if they are the fixed version.

The folding ones are lovely and work really well imo. They can also be height adjustable I believe but not sure about heated.

Fixed carbon are a fair bit narrower but not umcomfortable although you can have a nicer seat for the same money if you go aftermarket though.

Aha thanks Jim, I hadnt asked boba which his were. :thumb:

Senoj said:
Gen 1 are essentially the CGT seats. They are without airbags and cars from the factory actually have a different door card with a no door pockets and a lump of padded door card that fills the gap. Wether or not thats a safety design to compensate for the lack of an air bag im not sure 🤔

Just something to consider if your swapping from a regular sports seat. 'Powerfully built" types may find them a squeeze. I wedged myself in anyway... :lol:

Haha, I'm not big, so I should fit, and if I don't like them, they will always be worth money.

I'd love a set of carbon buckets. Fab seats and the 997 versions are even better.

The other plus is that if it isnt your daily driver its a lot easier to live with any foibles than if you're in/out 4 times a day...

Plus, you can polish the back of them, and we know how much you like to get the old polish out!

:thumb:

ragpicker said:
I'd love a set of carbon buckets. Fab seats and the 997 versions are even better.

The other plus is that if it isnt your daily driver its a lot easier to live with any foibles than if you're in/out 4 times a day...

Plus, you can polish the back of them, and we know how much you like to get the old polish out!

:thumb:

Oh yes, you can polish the backs, Thats it then, I'm off to to the toilet I might be some time!!

If you have narrow shoulders then you will probably be okay. If not then the folding ones or the 996 buckets are much better (for their first 997 models, RUF used 996 seats for their bucket option rather than the 997/CGT ones, and that says something IMHO). If they are cheap enough though then there is reason to acquire - they can go for quite a chunk of cash in the used market so their may be a profit to be had even if you don't get on with them.

Personally I find that they give me back ache if I am in them for any real time - the only Porsche seat that I have sat in and found uncomfortable.

Definitely try before you buy.

My mate had a C63 AMG and I found those seats bloody awful. Now I'm no fatty, 5'11" 85kg. But I didn't fit in them! You needed the body shape of Mo Farah to be comfortable.

Norfolk & Idea said:
Definitely try before you buy.

My mate had a C63 AMG and I found those seats bloody awful. Now I'm no fatty, 5'11" 85kg. But I didn't fit in them! You needed the body shape of Mo Farah to be comfortable.

They are a friend of a friends, the reason he is selling them is because he has outgrown them (so to speak my mate said he is bigger than me!) and he never got on with them from the off. I am going around there at the weekend to try them out, but they are already out the car, but should still be able to tell.

I am 6ft 2 and 14 stone and quite broad shouldered so I will have to try them out.

I'm 16 stone and also broad shouldered and find them far more comfortable than my stock ones ever were, i wouldn't change mine for the world!

AdeD said:
I'm 16 stone and also broad shouldered and find them far more comfortable than my stock ones ever were, i wouldn't change mine for the world!

Ah yes. Now they are indeed lovely looking seats.

Boba, if you have a polishing fetish, and it seems you do, you'll love these bad boys.

Comfy too? Bonus! :thumb:

Boba fett said:
I have got a chance to buy a set of 997 GT3 Carbon Bucket seats.

I would like to know what are they like, are they comfortable, are they easy to get in and out of, will the wife moan etc..

I had an RS4 with the Recaro buckets and although looked lovely I had a love hate relationship with them as they where very unforgiving. The GT3's look better

Whats your thoughts guys :?: :?: :?:

The ones I have are comfy apart from the back part although I do suffer with a bad back. I'm 6ft and 94kg and fit perfect the only problem I have is you can't adjust the back part so the driving position is a bit odd for me as I like to lay back but I guess it is a racing seat after all.
Yes you can sit on the seats and say they are comfy BUT, it depends how long you sit in them for. I would would say it take's a good long drive to tell if you get on with them or not.
I'm still unsure but now Iv'e taken the 9mm ply and the 4x2 timber out from under the bottom pad they are much better. I guess a munchkin had the car before to raise the seat up. :floor: In summery they look fricking cool. :thumb:

Porkee said:
Boba fett said:

I would like to know what are they like, are they comfortable, are they easy to get in and out of, will the wife moan etc..

I had an RS4 with the Recaro buckets and although looked lovely I had a love hate relationship with them as they where very unforgiving. The GT3's look better

The ones I have are comfy apart from the back part although I do suffer with a bad back. I'm 6ft and 94kg and fit perfect the only problem I have is you can't adjust the back part so the driving position is a bit odd for me as I like to lay back but I guess it is a racing seat after all.
Yes you can sit on the seats and say they are comfy BUT, it depends how long you sit in them for. I would would say it take's a good long drive to tell if you get on with them or not.
I'm still unsure but now Iv'e taken the 9mm ply and the 4x2 timber out from under the bottom pad they are much better. I guess a munchkin had the car before to raise the seat up. :floor: In summery they look ***** cool. :thumb:

First time I have ever seen the need for a carpenter to be called out to fix a Porsche Lee :floor: :floor: :thumb: Still laughing about that mate, Santa's helper drives a turbo with carbon buckets, got to be faster that a sleigh :grin: :thumb:

Its a personal decision, however my 2p

If you track the car - Yes

If you do not - No

They look great and for short journeys are cool, but they can become tiresome.

They are not uncomfortable from a padding perspective but the driving position is very upright with no adjustment and they are narrow, they also make getting in and out of the car more difficult. (You also lose the use of the rear seats)

The above assumes they are fixed back.

Thus my summary, if your not tracking the car you are paying a large chunk of change for a more uncomfortable seat that looks cool.

If you track the car the extra support, even without harnesses, makes a big difference.

Phil 997 said:
Porkee said:
Boba fett said:

I'm still unsure but now Iv'e taken the 9mm ply and the 4x2 timber out from under the bottom pad they are much better. I guess a munchkin had the car before to raise the seat up. :floor: In summery they look ***** cool. :thumb:

First time I have ever seen the need for a carpenter to be called out to fix a Porsche Lee :floor: :floor: :thumb: Still laughing about that mate, Santa's helper drives a turbo with carbon buckets, got to be faster that a sleigh :grin: :thumb:

I'm so glad I took the seat off :floor:

Disagree with those that say they're uncomfortable on long journeys, i often travel between Devon & Surrey during the week and 'up north' the occasional weekend for an organised drive / event... Never ached or felt cramped, like i said i find them more comfortable than stock (which i found narrow and pushed into the back of my shoulders) and wouldn't change back.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monkey
Back