Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.1 Footwell light - N/S Not operating after changing bulb

stucart said:
Have you tried swapping the complete light unit out not just the bulb? I blew my glovebox light trying fit LEDs and there is a resistor contained it the light, perhaps that might have failed? ( on mine it was the micro switch that I'd blown, not applicable in your instance ) perhaps worth a try?
Got a spare lamp unit if swapping works.

You know what. I think this happened to me too. I blew the glovebox light then swapped it over from the footwell light. But I am pretty sure when i swapped the orginal footwell light back to the footwell it didnt work?!

It was a month or two back now. Perhaps I will put the working glovebox light back into the footwell one and try but I am pretty sure I tried this.

Might need that lamp unit, also need to get hold of a multi meter!

Just to update the thread should anyone else have this sceanario - Turns out it is a defective bulb holder - Thanks to a fellow forum member there should be one in the post as I speak :thumb:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back