Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

First Porsche !

blackram said:
The car passed its 111 point test today. Collecting it on Friday morning!! Photos and spec will follow. Perhaps I will get some sleep now :D
There is no way you are sleeping! I'm excited and it's not my car :)

Congratulations, only one more sleepless night to go!

I have had my C2S since April and can tell you that you will not regret your purchase. My only issue is keeping the wife out of it while I'm on my overseas rota :D

Looking forward to hearing about your first day of ownership

blackram said:
The car passed its 111 point test today. Collecting it on Friday morning!! Photos and spec will follow. Perhaps I will get some sleep now :D

Fantastic stuff! We hope to see photos first thing Saturday morning. :thumb: :thumb:

G2 said:
Where has he gone? :?:

For a drive no doubt. I was like a kiddie on Christmas eve when I picked mine up :)

Instruct 'Peter Morgan' to do an inspection.
They have done my last two Porsches, first class.

blackram said:
I am shortly going to look at a gen 1 991 CS which will be my first Porsche! Very excited but also very apprehensive. As you know, there aren't many around and I have been looking for a few months now so when one pops up that is my perfect spec it is very tempting to grab with both hands! However, it is a private purchase so treading carefully. The car has OPC warranty that runs out early next year. What risk is there for me because clearly the major parts will be covered as I will be renewing the warranty? How long realistically can I expect the clutch to last from new on an 'average' 991CS2? I am not concerned about incidentals such as brakes and tyres but what else should I be considering (apart from the usual car buying issues such as HPI, etc)? I would really appreciate some help on this. Thanks.
:thumb: :thumb:

fao Michelin

blackram said:

:hand:

Apologies. I didn't read the full thread :roll:
Merci :thumb:

Friday morning finally arrived, left Bristol on the 6am train to Paddington. Then a tube to the seller's local tube station......it was pouring with rain so I was pleased he was collecting me from the station......then I heard it! I could not believe finally I was going to own my first Porsche and that it was going to look like this! Paperwork and transfer sorted and I was finally sat in my new car. Perfect. Just sitting there you appreciate the sheer beauty of the interior. Driving to home was just pure pleasure. At one stage I realised I was only doing about 55mph! Such a relaxed drive although gave it 'the beans' a couple of times and just laughed out loud! Sheer perfection.
The seller was such a good guy for agreeing to carry out the 111 test, sorting the 2year warranty and for having kept the car in totally unblemished condition. I will try to attach some photos now but if not I will do when not on my iPad! Spec to follow because it is exactly my spec list with a couple of extras. Car is now in storage until mid-November whilst I finish my garage. 911_AS has sorted his garage already :worship:
I can see what you guys see in these cars now. The seller asked how long I will keep the car.....truth is I cannot see myself selling it. Now I need to try to think of something else once in a while!

Attachments

• 3506c814_f7bc_4069_9f9f_aeb07bbfb1b6_570.jpeg
    3506c814_f7bc_4069_9f9f_aeb07bbfb1b6_570.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 4,849
  • b092ef6f_d42a_443a_bd6c_f33dda1b686a_195.jpeg
    b092ef6f_d42a_443a_bd6c_f33dda1b686a_195.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 4,849
  • 305aafbf_0594_486f_96cf_4051f94ebe14_610.jpeg
    305aafbf_0594_486f_96cf_4051f94ebe14_610.jpeg
    925.3 KB · Views: 4,849
Looks great. Glad the transfer went smoothly. That laugh out loud thing happens a lot when you press the loud peddle with these cars.

There are a few meets and tours in the diary already for next year. Check them out in the meets section :thumb: there will be some more before the end of the year as well.

Bladdy good shot sir... Simpleh Lovleh!! :thumbs:

Looks fab :thumb:

Here is the spec as promised:
Carrera S Coupe in Agate Grey
Black full leather
Classic II Wheel 20"
Sport Chrono Package Plus
PDK
PDCC
Sports Exhaust
Power steering plus
Heated seats
14-way electric seats
Sliding metal sunroof
Bose Sound System
Cruise control
Tyre pressure monitoring
Dynamic cornering headlights
Homelink
Park assist front and rear
Interior light package
Retractable door mirrors
Dimming mirrors with rain sensor
Top tint windscreen

Everything that was on my shopping list plus tings that weren't such as PDCC, power steering plus, heated seats, cruise control, dynamic lights. Very happy with the spec. Can't wait to get the car out of storage in a couple of weeks.

911_AS has sorted his garage already

I'm sure your garage will be done in no time!

Well done on the purchase!! Car looks absolutely fantastic, perfect condition. With a two year warranty, great spec, and a clean history, you can enjoy motoring with complete peace of mind.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davey2233
Back