Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Classic Policy on an 8 year old Porsche

spongebob squarepants

Pretty sure on my last 911 (997.2) I insured with Classicline and didnt need to use my no claims. But I cant find any details. Have I dreamt it or does anyone else do this?

Limited mileage cover without using my no claims, which i need for my planned runabout. I seem to remember the no claims made hardly any difference on a limited mileage sports/classic policy?

Yeah that's right, I'm with Classicline and there's no no-claims bonus as such on their "classic car" policy.

I'm in the transition stage of putting mine on a multi car policy via Admiral. Both mine are currently on classic policies- when I asked the rep about this- he gave me 15 years NCD on both, based on my driving record on my sensible car.
this may be a ploy to hoik me in at renewal time; if so- i'll leave and find somewhere else or revert to classic again

Had a quote from Classicline, old fart 53, spouse 43 (wehay) nice South Manchester safe postcode, zero no claims used, but no accidents/convictions ever.
5 k per year, car value approx 55k.
£528 quid, I thought that sounded a little steep? What's people's thoughts? Is that about right?

Well...

996 Turbo S cabrio - 2005 - up to 5K a year - me and Mrs L (56 and 51 respectively) - live in Hampshire

General Accident - with 9 years NBC - £310 a year....

mikeluke said:
Well...

996 Turbo S cabrio - 2005 - up to 5K a year - me and Mrs L (56 and 51 respectively) - live in Hampshire

General Accident - with 9 years NBC - £310 a year....

Ah ok so without using any of my no claims £528 reasonable?

It sounds not too bad.

The Porsche is half the cost to insure of my X5!

spongebob squarepants said:
£528 quid, I thought that sounded a little steep? What's people's thoughts? Is that about right?
About right I guess, mine is the same price: London, quite a bit younger :wink: but only 2k a year and a lower car value. It's on a "modern classic" policy with Footman James, no NCB required or accrued. Might want to give them a try (although you might have to join PCGB if you haven't already)

Had a quote from Classicline, old fart 53, spouse 43 (wehay) nice South Manchester safe postcode, zero no claims used, but no accidents/convictions ever.

Why not try it the other way and use the NCD on the 911 and have none on the runabout. Or has Mrs Sponge got any NCD as spouse cover works for both :dont know:

That said a monkey to insure it with no NCD sounds cheap. :roll:

Also, isn't the Classicline policy rich in benefits compared to mainstream policies from Admiral et al, such as you chose where it goes for repair, includes euro breakdown and agreed value for starters.

Not saying mainstream policies are bad, but every time I look at this and compare what you get in a classic/high value policy from people like Classicline, Hiscox etc., they work out better value even if they cost more, but only if you want the kind of benefits they come with.

I'm with Hiscox via AIB, pay about a grand for the GT3 (7k miles) and wife's Volvo. With the 997.2 and Volvo it was about £800, so your quote seems Ok to me.

Zingari said:

Why not try it the other way and use the NCD on the 911 and have none on the runabout. Or has Mrs Sponge got any NCD as spouse cover works for both :dont know:

That said a monkey to insure it with no NCD sounds cheap. :roll:

Id just insured my Golf, with 10 years of no clamis, with the same insurer for the 911 came out at about 850 (was about 400 for the Golfi) so on the normo Policy an extra 450 using all my no claims v 528 using none and leaving no claims for the runaround.

Ill try to haggle a bit more and get it below 500, think by the sounds thats quite good :thumbs: Thanks for all the replys :thumbs:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBSEA
Back