Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

200 Cell Cats but X Pipe or Crossovers? What's the verdict?

BHZ661 said:
coullstar said:
Oh yeah they would be getting ordered, so what your saying is there is not enough room to remove existing cats and put in the x-pipe without removing at least some of the other components?

My bolts look original, i.e. not much left of them.

When i changed mine to X-pipe , just removed rear bumper and heat shields , and had the typical porsche rusted fixings to deal with on cats to manifolds

So you didn't have to unbolt one or both silencer? Im wanting avoid that as I know they can be a pain.
In my head its a straight replacement without touching anything else. I will need new bolts throughout as there all knackered. One good thing is I believe my car only has pre cat lambdas so only need two instead of 4.

Now someone buy my wheels....

In my experience unbolting the silencers isn't a biggy.

Interested to find out how you get on, I really want to fit the 200 cell x-pipe, I've been hanging on to see if a 2nd hand one comes up for sale but I've been looking for about 12 months. Might have to bite the bullet....

coullstar said:
BHZ661 said:
coullstar said:
Oh yeah they would be getting ordered, so what your saying is there is not enough room to remove existing cats and put in the x-pipe without removing at least some of the other components?

My bolts look original, i.e. not much left of them.

When i changed mine to X-pipe , just removed rear bumper and heat shields , and had the typical porsche rusted fixings to deal with on cats to manifolds

So you didn't have to unbolt one or both silencer? Im wanting avoid that as I know they can be a pain.
In my head its a straight replacement without touching anything else. I will need new bolts throughout as there all knackered. One good thing is I believe my car only has pre cat lambdas so only need two instead of 4.

Yes, will only have pre lambdas , i had already had the silencer ones of from previously changing silencers

Now someone buy my wheels....

Anyone that's fitted the Topgear X-pipe have you had to put longer clamps on compared to the standard ones? Where the link pipe fits to the silencer pipes.

Seems a very bog gap with mine when offered up with current set up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bristolsparks
Back